My First Post!

Well, first I'd like to say hey to all ya guys out there in the DCP world! Ive been a long time fan of reading the threads on this site but never took the time to register until now. I know i know, im lazy. Anyways, on to the stuff you care about! I marched Regiment so this might sound a little biased, but I will do my best to be objective! I had a chance to watch them practice and saw parts of the show, and I was thrilled to death! (haha, not such a good start on the unbiased thing!)

The show is VERY fan friendly with all the intricate details that will keep them scoring competitivley. The caliber of the performers is at an all time high- It made me wonder if PR had some kind of secret cloning facility to breed the ultimate musician/marcher :P All joking aside though, they are extremely good at what they're doing at a very early stage in the game. They practice with a level of intesnity I didnt remember seeing when I marched until the end of July. It's almost as if they know this could be the year and know how important it will be in their life if they can pull it off- much more important than the pain of working 14 hour days and the sleepy haze from those good ol' words, "GOOD MORNING REGIMENT!" ^0^

Emotion is already emminating from the sound, and im sure they are working on their vizualization work. I read a lot of comments on this board reffering to the emotional performance PR typically brings. When I marched (and im sure they continue to use this technique) the instructors would have us lay in the grass and close our eyes and then give us time to visualize the music and equate an event in our lives that could possibly correspond to the emotion the part in the music is supposed to evoke in the audience. Seems a little pointless right? Not at all...I remember how big that impacted my shows, I wanted to convey something almost personal in our sound. There are going to be a lot of moments that can evoke strong emotional response this year.

And I'd like to make one final shout out to my Buicks! (Baris/Euphs) You guys are the bomb! I dont want to give too much away but there is an impact point in the show where the low brass hits a dissonance to resolution while the entire brass line continue to push the sound to a swelling FFFF volume and on that resolution chord the low brass made my can of Mountain Dew rattle on the metal bench I was sitting on. Its been a long time since I got the **** kicked outta me by a brass line....and I loved it :huh::wub::huh::wub: I done spilt my drink!

Anyways, I hope this helps ya get excited for them...I know by the intensity in those kids eyes that they are ready to throw down!

SUTA

Peace,

Chris

I honestly think this show features the best contra line I've ever heard

....probably due to the fact that they are featured so many times :huh: B)

Edited by Huntington Mallets

....probably due to the fact that they are featured so many times :huh: B)

I know a guy on their tuba line. He's gone from the bottom of division III in 2005 to a contender corps in 2007.

Quote of the preseason! :)

I'm glad you liked it! And my drink really did spill, which was upsetting cause I was really thirsty and it was hot outside! :laugh:

I'm glad you liked it! And my drink really did spill, which was upsetting cause I was really thirsty and it was hot outside! :laugh:

It was a sign from the Drum Corps Gods.

Hot weather = drink more water!

:P

Thanks for the review Chris. (And fellow Buick!) I'm dying to hear this show-- sadly, may not get to catch it live, but I suppose I can make do with APDs. Still, it doesn't replace the thrill of getting planted into your seat by that brass line...

SUTA

Thanks for the review Chris. (And fellow Buick!) I'm dying to hear this show-- sadly, may not get to catch it live, but I suppose I can make do with APDs. Still, it doesn't replace the thrill of getting planted into your seat by that brass line...

SUTA

Speaking of APD's....I've been a little preoccupied lately with my dissertation. Is DCI doing SeasonPass again this year? I didn't notice anything on their site...or is this Platinum Membership stuff the same thing?

....probably due to the fact that they are featured so many times :laugh: B)

So good to hear, I know a contra ageout there and he definitely deserves it for his third and final year at Regiment.