Coon Rapids Scores

How could Phantom or any of the other D1 corps not have guard unis yet?

Props to the Colts volunteers who works their tails off to get those things off the sewing machine and onto the field in time.

i could be wrong but i think the problem is that the company that makes the guard uniforms dont have them done yet, and its not the fault of the volunteers. I think this is the case for a few guards.....

like i said i could be wrong cause i dont really know anything about twirling flags.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could have just been that particular show. Sometimes the PA guys get cute, but I agree-that's really weak. I hope thats a one time deal. Sounds so bandoish...yuck

They did the same thing in Annapolis tonight. Perhaps it's due to the change in the warm-up arrangement.

Alright, Phantom! Way to get things started with a "W"

W Blue Devils 75.900

W Santa Clara Vanguard 75.400

E The Cavaliers 73.900

M Phantom Regiment 72.800

E Bluecoats 71.600

E The Cadets 70.700

E Carolina Crown 70.350

M Blue Knights 67.050

M Colts 65.600

W Mandarins 63.400

M Blue Stars 62.650

E Glassmen 61.850

E Spirit from JSU 60.900

M Pioneer 53.750

Quick Q for ya....... why do the scores vary SO MUCH from east to midwest to west?

East are lower, west is higher, midwest is midrange?

FYI: Blue Stars had their guard uniforms on too. Not sure why the original poster missed this. There are still a few "surprises" coming, but the show has been "complete" for a while and the new uniforms for all sections were on the field.

I am in no mood to complain after a night like tonight in Coon Rapids!!! :ph34r:

The Colts were sooo pleasing to hear tonight...such authority and presence and a remarkable soprano line for June. The Blue Stars were great, especially appreciated the lush sound in the company front of Firebird, so effective and then there was the ballad which was brilliantly written for the field. The visuals with the new uniforms were very interesting. As far as the Blue Knights, they played some familiar arrangements....

And then there was Phantom Regiment. I have been to many season opener shows and have walked away somewhat bummed that I attended. I however was beaming from the way the Regiment put on a marvelous show tonight. The pit....perhaps the top arrangement and execution in DCI history....surely debatable, but PR's 2007 pit will have to enter the conversation from now on! The percussion book is so classy, very technical, very well executed, and does not offer up hokey propaganda to get G.E. The excellence is all the GE they need (for now). Their horn line was stellar and brought so many great moments to the total package. I am asking myself why 1000 airplanes has not been done by a drum corps (to my knowledge). The soprano duet...Firebird...and So many things going right, it was great to see a strong presence from the Regiment out of the gate. Folks, they had IT tonight unlike so many performances. I am looking forward to seeing what the completed guard unis and work bring to the table. Something special from Rockford/Loves Park once again!

Bravo to everyone involved tonight!!!

Edited by stockman365

FYI: Blue Stars had their guard uniforms on too. Not sure why the original poster missed this. There are still a few "surprises" coming, but the show has been "complete" for a while and the new uniforms for all sections were on the field.

Sorry I messed that up! I really like the new Blue Stars look. What color are the new shoes going to be?

Glad to see such a great first outing for the Colts. I hope this is their year - They are due for a Sat. night performance. Blue Stars - great job too. I was hoping you would be closer to the Colts, but there is still a lot of time for that!

I am asking myself why 1000 airplanes has not been done by a drum corps (to my knowledge).

It has ... Esperanza 04 .... and I beleive SD Alliance in 03

Glad to see such a great first outing for the Colts. I hope this is their year - They are due for a Sat. night performance.

Cesario is in the house (for what it is worth).

It has ... Esperanza 04 .... and I beleive SD Alliance in 03

Thanks!