Madison Scouts 2007

Does anybody remember one of the camp stories from December (I think it was) where the corps rehearsed until 1:00 a.m. on the weekend camp (or maybe it was until 2:00 a.m.)? I remember a lot of people questioning/defending their "determination."

It makes you wonder...

Elmo Blatch

I was at that camp, but not that rehearsal. They were in the Golf Dome that late because it was available, and because the school they were at did not have an indoor full size field to mark. What is there to wonder about??

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like "I hope you're enjoying yourself dumping salt into the already wide open wounds of the guys that are this years Madison Scouts."

Believe me, I do feel for the current Scouts! But isn't fair to ask "who created

the wide open wounds"?

And is it fair to ask will those same members of the BOD be making decisions

for next year?

Does anybody remember one of the camp stories from December (I think it was) where the corps rehearsed until 1:00 a.m. on the weekend camp (or maybe it was until 2:00 a.m.)? I remember a lot of people questioning/defending their "determination."

It makes you wonder...

Elmo Blatch

I remember that. Bunch of people seizing on an insignificant tidbit of information and desperately trying to put a negative spin on it. One of the more RAMD-like episodes in DCP history.

Believe me, I do feel for the current Scouts! But isn't fair to ask "who created

the wide open wounds"?

for next year?

because we're so sure they would no doubt be a contender for top three this year if the unhappy staff from last year was still there and Michael Cessario was doing all the front stuff for the corps while the actual corps director sat back and spent the corps money?

Start making your bid for the Scouts BOD now, sir. I'm sure you can do better.

Edited by GGarrett

I really, REALLY, hate to see people tearing each other down over this, it's really ridiculous.

wonder what?

It makes you wonder what rehearsal techniques are being used, that is all. It wasn't a negative comment. I find it hard to believe that a corps has only improved three points in two weeks. Do I feel for the members? You better believe it. The corps has an amazing history--and if you have ever read my profile, one of my favorite shows ever. Why did I post the question? Because somebody needs to be held accountable for doing this to Madison.

Elmo Blatch

no... not really.

More like "I hope you're enjoying yourself dumping salt into the already wide open wounds of the guys that are this years Madison Scouts."

Because clearly you don't care about how they must feel about your conspiracy theory being constantly brought up over and over again like there's anything that can be done about it now.

word.

guess I'll just continue to do my small part by keeping (or trying to keep) my friend's spirits up. :)

I really, REALLY, hate to see people tearing each other down over this, it's really ridiculous.

well... debates do get heated sometimes in public forums ... but it really isn't innappropriate until the rules are broken.

It's an uncomfortable discussion, but not out of hand, Steph.

I don't have to agree with these posts... and I don't disrespect either of these long time DCP'ers in anyway... I enjoy and agree with their posts much of the time.

On this, though, we totally disagree. That's all...

Edited by GGarrett

the wide open wounds"?

for next year?

:doh:

tired

well... debates do get heated sometimes in public forums ... but it really isn't innappropriate until the rules are broken.

It's an uncomfortable discussion, but not out of hand, Steph.

I didn't say it was inappropriate or out of hand, but indicated it's uncomfortable to read the "Brother hood" tearing each other down when that's totally against what it's all about. We're not supposed to tear each other down in bad times....but then again, this is DCP.