I'm calling it right here...

I just hope that they don't get jacked like they did last year on Finals night and get beat by someone like BK, and drop out of the top 6.

Ah... this line of thinking never gets old. :wacko:

----

I do think Crown looked pretty good on the Annapolis webcast. While I like their show better than just about anyone else's, in terms of entertainment and personal taste, I agree that it's going to be pretty difficult to usurp the corps that finished ahead of them last year.

Bluecoats and Cadets seem to be the most vulnerable as far as I can tell at this point of the season, but they're still excellent corps and will be tough for anyone to beat. If I had to guess, (and this pains me to do so, as this puts them over my corps) I'd suspect Crown will finish 7th.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it would be more proper to say "Das stimmt nicht."

The verb stimmen means "to be true," so a statement either goes "Das stimmt" or "Das stimmt nicht."

pwned :wacko:

Ah... this line of thinking never gets old. :wacko:

----

I'd suspect Crown will finish 7th.

In previous seasons, I don't think anyone would argue with you, but Crown indeed is just as exceptional as the rest of last years top six, and the corps will add more to the show as the season progresses.

Crown will be dangerous all season, especially in Pasadena. Many on this forum have said if Crown had the total package, they would be tough to deal with. I believe they have that this season.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

I completely agree. I just watched their show on encore - it is amazing, very well designed. I think the Cadets and Coats better keep their eyes on their rear view mirrors. Objects are closer than they appear!

Yeah I agree Keith, it's funny how the Blue Knights only place higher cause they have a love affiar with the judges or they have poisened their competition or they fed ganja to the judges. Crown has a great hornline and may very well get top 5 or 6. But don't forget to put my Blue team from Denver in their. Although most people disliked evil last year EVIL WON OUT!!!! GO Knights Get MIDEVIL on Everyone!!!

This whole ignoring the Blue Knights in converstiions about the top 6 reminds me of this past NBA season. I am a born and bred San Antonio area guy and the Spurs every year are "too old," or "too boring," or "don't have enough athleticism." The usual statements are" The Mavericks are the team to beat and the Suns have caught the Spurs." The Spurs just go about their business and in the end you see them them wreak havok on your teams chances to finish where you wanted them to. That's my Blue Knights!!! Count them out, don't put them in your top 5 or 6 but beware, boring wins out a lot!!!

Wesley Perkins

BK '97 '98

Yeah I agree Keith, it's funny how the Blue Knights only place higher cause they have a love affiar with the judges or they have poisened their competition or they fed ganja to the judges. Crown has a great hornline and may very well get top 5 or 6. But don't forget to put my Blue team from Denver in their. Although most people disliked evil last year EVIL WON OUT!!!! GO Knights Get MIDEVIL on Everyone!!!

This whole ignoring the Blue Knights in converstiions about the top 6 reminds me of this past NBA season. I am a born and bred San Antonio area guy and the Spurs every year are "too old," or "too boring," or "don't have enough athleticism." The usual statements are" The Mavericks are the team to beat and the Suns have caught the Spurs." The Spurs just go about their business and in the end you see them them wreak havok on your teams chances to finish where you wanted them to. That's my Blue Knights!!! Count them out, don't put them in your top 5 or 6 but beware, boring wins out a lot!!!

Agree completely. Everyone forgets about BK.

As for Crown...I still think their Achilies heel might be the drumline. We'll see tonight.

I completely agree. I just watched their show on encore - it is amazing, very well designed. I think the Cadets and Coats better keep their eyes on their rear view mirrors. Objects are closer than they appear!

hey no fair, that's our saying

But to get to the topic, Crown will be competitive with the upper corps based on what I saw in Annapolis. But I think they might just fall a tad short and land in the 7th spot. There seems to be a lot of quality in last years top 6. And although I say Crown would land in 7th I meant maybe, because I haven't seen BK or Boston yet.

You are correct, they should not have and the top five is so heavy as it is right now..........I AM WILLING TO WAGER DUBLIN DR PEPPER THAT THEY WONT MAKE TOP 5.........

TOP 5

SCV

BD

Cavies

Bloooooooo

and

CADETS

THATS 5 my friend.

No Phantom????????????