Anyone else predicting the normal top 4 this year?

How dare you question the judges.

It's quite easy, actually. :doh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me there are at least 7 corps with a legit shot at top 4.

I concur with this sentiment - right now it is wide open - no one is undefeated.

Now, after we get a few of the large regionals under our belts, things may begin to open up some, but it's just way to close to call right now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have the feeling the old top 4 is back again. I don't think Phantom or Bluecoats are going to be in the mix again this year. I think Cadets, BD, Cavies, and SCV are all too strong once again. I could be wrong, but I really think we are going to see the regulars up there once again. I think Phantom, Bluecoats and Crown will be fighting for 5th place, and I would love to see Crown slip in there and edge out Bluecoats for 5th(I love Bluecoats, but think some shakeups there could be cool)

But I would be totally surprised if top 4 isn't anything but the usual. Anyone else getting this vybe this year?

I disagree with this a little. I can't speak for BD, Cadets or Cavies because I haven't seen them. I have however seen Regiment and SCV. I have to give the slight edge to Phantom. SCV has better visuals right now, but PR's music is SO strong. And remember when the Cadets were beating PR all the way up until finals last year??? Not to mention the massive swing at finals between the top 6?

1. Cavies

2. Cadets

3. BD

4. PR

5. SCV

6. BlueCoats

7. Crown

8-12: The big knot

And remember when the Cadets were beating PR all the way up until finals last year???

As I recall (and a quick scan at corpsreps seemed to back up), Regiment was beating Cadets pretty solidly for the last month or so of last season. Perhaps you meant BD was beating Regiment up until finals?

Edited by Loud-is-good

Top 4? What happened to The Top 6? (real alpha order...not the psuedo alpha of another poster :P )

BD

CAV

CAD

MAD

PR

SCV

</topic>

Ummm... still not alphabetical order. B)

<topic>

After the head to head with Cavies, I don't think I'd be counting BD out.

Edited by skajerk

Are you kidding me??? :doh:

I can pretty much guarantee Phantom beats BD again this year.

Really? Funny you know this

I love how everyone automatically knows where everyone is going to place. :sshh:

As I recall (and a quick scan at corpsreps seemed to back up), Regiment was beating Cadets pretty solidly for the last month or so of last season. Perhaps you meant BD was beating Regiment up until finals?

You are correct, I mispoke. I looked at it, and what I did find was that in head to head matches, the Cadets beat PR 9 out of 9 times until their July 9th meeting in Rockford last year. I think that is what stuck in my head. They had matched up several times and PR only started beating them once they reached the second week of July. It will be interesting to see if this year parallels last year in that regard.