Atlanta, GA Scores

see here? Boston goes DOWN .75... :rolleyes: , Spirit and CC stay the same... Cadets go UP a full point ... all in ONE night?

I mean, I guess it's very possible... but that just seems suspect to me this early on. But I am the conspiracy guy...

Upon speaking with my main point on contact within Boston, he said they had an ensemble tear in La Fiesta. Good shows the past two nights, and a downer today. I imagine the score reflects that accurately enough. I just hope they don't have something like that happen in a show where the score really matters (like a regional). :sshh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and of course there are two glaring issues with my post, the first being i'm a Crown parent so OF COURSE i'm biased and the second...I have no musical talent at all but as a fan of music and both Corps and band.....I just don't get it

How can there be that large a margin in those two shows tonight?...need to see the recap I guess to see where the gaps were. No doubt Cadets have great music, I enjoyed it when I wasn't thinking back to when I had zits and watched a guy get a swirlie at lunchtime in the bathroom...but I really don't see that large a margin in the shows...

ok, whining is over for now

I was there and of course there are two glaring issues with my post, the first being i'm a Crown parent so OF COURSE i'm biased and the second...I have no musical talent at all but as a fan of music and both Corps and band.....I just don't get it

How can there be that large a margin in those two shows tonight?...need to see the recap I guess to see where the gaps were. No doubt Cadets have great music, I enjoyed it when I wasn't thinking back to when I had zits and watched a guy get a swirlie at lunchtime in the bathroom...but I really don't see that large a margin in the shows...

No one ever does. This happens every season. It happened when I marched, and it'll probably happen every other year.

I actually laughed at THIS part in Casaba's post as opposed to thinking about the point made about the gaps in scores. :lolhit:

But upon further review of someone else actually seeing the point made... I agree with Casaba.

One theory, and can even be supported by the past, is that in a close call the higher placed corps the year before usually will get the nod. I welcome those who disagree to do just that, but I would rather not hear about how the judges call a perfect show every time and always get it right. Seems to me like most people who see these two corps going head to head are doubting the spread...except the judges. Might I add that the judges also have to face the staff afterwards...who really wants to #### off Hoppy?

Dans, here is the thread.

Thank you, I really was not trying to stir the pot. At the time this thread was not up, or at least not that I could see. To the person who called me an idiot, thank you, very professional!

Thank you, I really was not trying to stir the pot. At the time this thread was not up, or at least not that I could see. To the person who called me an idiot, thank you, very professional!

so you found the thread - did you have a point to make?? :rolleyes: