Oswego, IL

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This does not surprise me. I saw Madison in Fairfield, OH & Decatur, IN and the show was depressing. The members were given a horrible product, IMO. :(

This does not surprise me. I saw Madison in Fairfield, OH & Decatur, IN and the show was depressing. The members were given a horrible product, IMO. :(

Please explain how the show is depressing and what makes it a horrible product. I respect your opinion, but just throwing words out with nothing to back it up is somewhat lacking.

I personally love the show. The intro is awesome. It's been changed from what I read, but the way the corps enters the field is awesome. The soloists are great. I just wish the baritone soloist in the ballad would not be lifted up. He's down on the end of the field, and while it's a great effect, it's hard to hear him.

There was some dirt in marching, and some phasing problems a week ago when I saw them, but it just needs to be cleaned.

The ending is somewhat the same as the intro, but the corps exits on the opposite side of the field.

As far as Kashmir, it's a great tune. I believe they might be getting hammered in some categories because the slow tempo dictates some extremely slow marching.

Who knows where they'll place. There's a lot of gloom and doom about the Scouts, but not from me. I of course hope they make finals, but if not, I just hope they attract some great talent as the new staff/management gains some stability.

I don't think product is bad, necessarily. It's interesting and entertaining, though not the same way that Madison was in the 90's. From what I've seen, Scouts are getting the scores they are because they're simply not performing well enough to score higher.

Madison peaked in the '60s with that whole napalm riot.

You've obviously never been there for Hallowe'en.

2004_11_madisonhalloween.jpg

As far as Kashmir, it's a great tune. I believe they might be getting hammered in some categories because the slow tempo dictates some extremely slow marching.

Well, though I haven't seen them, people aren't commenting on parts of the show not being difficult enough - in fact, people are saying the show is too hard. If the piece needs to be played at slow tempos, then that's cool - but that just makes it that much more important for the corps to excel at those tempos.

Well, though I haven't seen them, people aren't commenting on parts of the show not being difficult enough - in fact, people are saying the show is too hard. If the piece needs to be played at slow tempos, then that's cool - but that just makes it that much more important for the corps to excel at those tempos.

I think Andy is reffering to them marching in half time for a bit during Kashmir. I don't think the tempo is too slow. As far as being too hard?? Drill wise compared to last year? Not a chance