Mankato

Careful Ken...according to a FEW alumni you can't ask questions like this because

it was , done a year ago, get over it, time to move on, it's getting old, tired.

Careful Ken...according to a FEW alumni if you ask questions like this you can't

be supporting the current corps.

you tell him...

:doh:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful Ken...according to a FEW alumni you can't ask questions like this because

it was , done a year ago, get over it, time to move on, it's getting old, tired.

Careful Ken...according to a FEW alumni if you ask questions like this you can't

You are right Oldbandguy - I keep forgetting! :doh:

:doh: ohhhh boy... well...

Heh...

I never said anything of the sort in your first assertion... YOU did.

I never IMPLIED such a thing in your second assertion... YOU did.

I just said take into consideration the current Scouts that are out there NOW before you keep up your anger/love for a previous management group, and obvious irritation at an admittedly enthusiastic alumni group ...

:doh: ohhhh boy... well...

Heh...

I never said anything of the sort in your first assertion... YOU did.

I never IMPLIED such a thing in your second assertion... YOU did.

I just said take into consideration the current Scouts that are out there NOW before you keep up your anger/love for a previous management group, and obvious irritation at an admittedly enthusiastic alumni group ...

Actually I wasn't really referring to you. Most of your posts have not been of the

nature that anyone who questions the BOD is not welcome or warranted...but there

are some that certainly feel that way. Of course, they've been a little more quiet

of late.

:sshh: OH MY GOSH!! Talk about mixed emotions! I'm a Southwind Mom and couldn't be more thrilled with the results but I also know that Madison is my son's FAVORITE Corp and kind of the "big brother" Corp for Southwind so I think they are probably feeling a bitter/sweet victory. Bottom line......they are all working hard and doing great!! Good luck to all the Corps! There is no telling what it will look like by the end of July.......it should be fun to watch :D

That is the best post I have read in this thread. Thank you very much for that.

I am a former Southwind Mom (last 2 years) and I am also absolutely thrilled with their score. I also have an adopted (figuratively) son with Madison and would like to see them do well. But I really think SDub deserves this. Can't wait to visit with all in Indy! :doh:

Mrs. Shuck (aka Kyle's mom), again, another amazing post. Thank you for that.

To everyone else who has turned this happy occasion for one corps into a meeting of the Debbie Downer Society, GO AWAY!

I honestly don't understand what is wrong with you all. Why does everything have to be about taking -1 away from everybody? Why can't we just be happy for the corps who win (no matter who it is), and hope for the best for those who are struggling (no matter who it is)? Why must everything be turned into a "1-Up/1-Down"? Why can't we all realize that this activity isn't about scores, or finals placements, or who's beating whom, but it is about working together with 134 other people to perfect to the best of your ability an 11 minute show, and go out night after night to entertain people, all while building bonds and friendships that will last long after that one bad show has gone, or the gold medal has lost its lustre? Why is everyone trying to ruin everything about drum corps that I love?

Southwind, CONGRATULATIONS! GO YELLOW TEAM! ^OO^ ^OO^

Scouts, I love you guys, and I hope that you can work through this rough spot and regain your spot in Top 12. :)

I wish nothing but the best for all corps reguardless of division, placement, or whatever else someone thinks up to bag on drum corps about.

Danny

SW Juice Crew '05

Proud Brother of a SW bari '07

Friend of a MS mello '07

DCI Class of '09

Drum Corps Fan Eterna

My manometer is ready to burst, and you'll never guess where I bought it.

Mankato?

No. Manteno.

To everyone else who has turned this happy occasion for one corps into a meeting of the Debbie Downer Society, GO AWAY!

I honestly don't understand what is wrong with you all. Why does everything have to be about taking -1 away from everybody? Why can't we just be happy for the corps who win (no matter who it is), and hope for the best for those who are struggling (no matter who it is)? Why must everything be turned into a "1-Up/1-Down"? Why can't we all realize that this activity isn't about scores, or finals placements, or who's beating whom, but it is about working together with 134 other people to perfect to the best of your ability an 11 minute show, and go out night after night to entertain people, all while building bonds and friendships that will last long after that one bad show has gone, or the gold medal has lost its lustre? Why is everyone trying to ruin everything about drum corps that I love?

Scouts, I love you guys, and I hope that you can work through this rough spot and regain your spot in Top 12. :)

I wish nothing but the best for all corps reguardless of division, placement, or whatever else someone thinks up to bag on drum corps about.

Danny

SW Juice Crew '05

Friend of a MS mello '07

DCI Class of '09

Drum Corps Fan Eterna

probably the most insightful, intuitive and intelligent post of the night. The 3 "In's" if you will...

Well said Danny. You have put me to shame tonight... but in a very good way!!

Mankato?

No. Manteno.

...Slurpee?

slurpee_d.jpg

Mankato?

No. Manteno.

rimshot.gif

Danny

SW Juice Crew '05

Friend of a MS mello '07

DCI Class of '09

Drum Corps Fan Eterna

Because the last time I checked no one on this forum was named POLLYANNA! :P