Stillwater, MN

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pit is not wearing the hats????

Is that it? Someboby step in and tell the Scouts pit to put the hats back on! (that just doesn't look right).

Elmo Blatch

I was at their first show and the pit didn't come on with their hats, but rather put them on right before the show started. That picture is part of their preshow or onfield warmup or whatever it's called before the DM salutes. Perhaps they are still putting them on just before the actual show.

I was in Stillwater last night. Stillwater is traditionally a very PRO Scouts town. That being said...

There were very few boos when the score for Scouts was announced.

While I enjoyed the Scouts, truthfully, SW and PC were better. Scouts have a lot of work ahead of them. While Scouts have a difficult program, there were significant problems. DO NOT FLAME. It was obvious to me what was wrong.

One thing I did notice... I was at the Mankato show the night before and Madison changed some things from the night before. And, the changes were for the better. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes over the next month.

I don't believe all-age corps are scored at DCI sanctioned shows in the Midwest. The West coast may be a different story.

Yes we are. But we're scored on DCA sheets, and our score is announced at shows. But I don't think that DCI is posting our recaps online like they did last year (sometimes not even posting our scores, either). Kind of sad, since I wanted to see them...

Yes we are. But we're scored on DCA sheets, and our score is announced at shows. But I don't think that DCI is posting our recaps online like they did last year (sometimes not even posting our scores, either). Kind of sad, since I wanted to see them...

The DCA sheets are a little bit more complicated to calculate the final scores from the captions and subcaptions. The recaps do not match the DCI system of scoring. With those two pieces of information, I believe that it would be confusing for people to decifer information and for DCI to "change" their online recap system.

create peace,

Brent

Here's one of 200 pics I took tonight

warmup07.jpg

where can i see the other 199?

The DCA sheets are a little bit more complicated to calculate the final scores from the captions and subcaptions. The recaps do not match the DCI system of scoring. With those two pieces of information, I believe that it would be confusing for people to decifer information and for DCI to "change" their online recap system.

create peace,

Brent

since dca corps are competing are there dca people who can put the scores on the dca site?

since dca corps are competing are there dca people who can put the scores on the dca site?

good point. there are two barriers here that I would anticipate....

1) "official" communication from the judges or dci officials to DCA officials. (amber r.?)

2) these are DCI judges using DCA sheets. Will DCA "accept" these numbers as official numbers through the DCA system?

I was told that the opener drill was all new last night. So the past several shows have been shaky because they have been learning new drill, not having time to clean the existing drill, and then having to perform the existing drill. Learning rewrites stink. If they have a few days in a row to clean what they have, you'll start to see some big improvements in all sections of the corps.

I was in Stillwater last night. Stillwater is traditionally a very PRO Scouts town. That being said...

There were very few boos when the score for Scouts was announced.

While I enjoyed the Scouts, truthfully, SW and PC were better. Scouts have a lot of work ahead of them. While Scouts have a difficult program, there were significant problems. DO NOT FLAME. It was obvious to me what was wrong.

One thing I did notice... I was at the Mankato show the night before and Madison changed some things from the night before. And, the changes were for the better. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes over the next month.

Edited by combia1