Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused by this.

Elmo Blatch

There are main captions:

GENERAL EFFECT VISUAL MUSIC SCORE TOTALS

Then there are sub captions

Visual Music Performance Ensemble Colorguard Brass Ensemble Percussion

Each group looks at their area, for instance, my son was in the percussion section, so he would look at the recaps and say, We won percussion tonight. So the Cavies Guard won the guard caption tpnight and came in 2nd on several others. The captions were all over the place tonight. That makes for some great performances and competition.

Go to: http://www.dci.org/scores/recap/view.cfm?e...08-21286dc05197 and you will see what I am talking about.

I am confused by this.

Elmo Blatch

But you being a DCP veteran probably already know what I mean.

Please, don't make me school you on this.

I understand what captions mean, how they are determined, etc. I was trying to be polite by indicating that you might want to check the color guard scores again. Cavaliers did win total Visual, but unlike your claim, they were 2nd in Color Guard tonight--Bluecoats won Color Guard tonight.

Elmo Blatch

I understand what captions mean, how they are determined, etc. I was trying to be polite by indicating that you might want to check the color guard scores again. Cavaliers did win total Visual, but unlike your claim, they were 2nd in Color Guard tonight--Bluecoats won Color Guard tonight.

Elmo Blatch

read my second post. Hey, I thought you were legit in not knowing. Wasn't trying to be condescending and "school you on this". I said that in my second post. Well at least the Cavalies won something!

Elmo Blatch

By the way, thank you for being polite, but that was a weird way of saying that. Next time just tell me to check the scores again and I won't confused. Anyone who read your post and didn't look at your time on DCP would have thought you didn't understand captions. Sorry I didn't either.

My mistake! :sleeping:

HOLY CRAP!!! I had to work tonight, so you can imagine my surprise when I find this out at 11:30 CT. This is an amazing moment for Blooo fans and DCI fans alike. I am so proud of this corps and everything they continue to do. :sleeping: Way to go Blooo!!!

Also, how great is it to finally see some new people in the Top 6? Blooo, Crown. What a great year.