Bluecoats win Centerville!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that one day of surging doesn't mean that you guys surged all season. At the first regional SCV was 5 pts behind and Cadets were 3, and Bluecoats was hanging with the top tier until they "peaked". Then by finals BC was in a close race. You guys just had a good finals night performance but that does not mean you surged all season.

That is just mean. Good for the Bluecoats, but the season is far from over. Sorry you don't like the Cavaliers. Every corp works hard and they all deserve to win and score high. Bluecoats have a nice show, love the new uniforms. I am sad that the Cavaliers came in 3rd but it is not the end of the world. They will clean up and do better, and if they don't win every show, so be it. The best Corp will win finals no matter who it is. Congrats to everyone who marches!

Actually I think the best corps on Saturday night will win, does that make them the best corps...no. I bet Thursday to Saturday we could see a flip flop of the top 6, with a possibility of a different top 3 from Thursday than on Saturday.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Cadets Homers ( and Cavies and SCV... etc.) need to step off and let Bloo have it's day season.

Tonight is monumental. The last active corps that Bluecoats has never beaten has been defeated. WOW!!!!! I just got home and saw this. TRAVIS, thanks for your service. Ken Dahl, I did not know you were blueoriginal until tonight. I cannot lie, I teared up a bit when I saw the scores, and laughed, and jumped around a bit.

GO GET"EM BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*flame bait removed TS

Edited by Toby

I hope they took high drums! B)

on 7/2

Devils took drums with a 16.7

Bcoats were 2nd with 16.4

Cavies 3rd 16.3

Cadets scored 16.6 same nite diff place

on 7/1 Cavies had 16.8 while Bcoats had 16.6 (so that's a .5 drop overnight for Cavies? hmm)

PhR was 16.6 also on 7/1 and 16.7 on 6/30

who knows by the scores which drum line really has the book and the talent

last year the scores were much closer than they should have been IMO

with drumlines who played little more than some rolls scoring withing tenths of drumlines with very demanding music and drill

is it the same thing all over again? I will have to see for myself this coming weekend.

Since Kalamazoo on Saturday, I have to admit that I've been feeling a bit skeptical about DCI's judging practices. The scores just weren't aligned with what I saw and heard that night. When I got home this evening, I expected to check the scores and see the usual... but, Wow!

Cavaliers have a fantastic show - my second favorite behind the obvious. Blue Devils are more of the same but still are strong, to say the least. Passing these two corps isn't easy... In fact, I was thinking that the judges might not let it happen at all this year. The blue team from Canton earned it and no one can take away this accomplishment. Congratulations!

I may need to attend more shows this summer than planned!

BLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Edited by midwesternlull

on 7/2

Devils took drums with a 16.7

Bcoats were 2nd with 16.4

Cavies 3rd 16.3

Cadets scored 16.6 same nite diff place

on 7/1 Cavies had 16.8 while Bcoats had 16.6 (so that's a .5 drop overnight for Cavies? hmm)

PhR was 16.6 also on 7/1 and 16.7 on 6/30

who knows by the scores which drum line really has the book and the talent

last year the scores were much closer than they should have been IMO

with drumlines who played little more than some rolls scoring withing tenths of drumlines with very demanding music and drill

is it the same thing all over again? I will have to see for myself this coming weekend.

You are right. Allentown. Same panels. A real feel for who stacks up with who.

This is completely off topic, but Paul, your signature and drum corps background is freaking incredible. DW

Thanks. Drum corps has been fun and rewarding these past 45 years.

Twilight Zone moment . . . tomorrow I will be marching in the Glen Ellyn, Illinois Fourth of July parade with the Classic Cavaliers. I marched in that same parade on July 4, 1967 - exactly 40 years ago!

I wonder if I'll recognize anyone . . . or anything? :)

Since Kalamazoo on Saturday, I have to admit that I've been feeling a bit skeptical about DCI's judging practices. The scores just weren't aligned with what I saw and heard that night. When I got home this evening, I expected to check the scores and see the usual... but, Wow!

Cavaliers have a fantastic show - my second favorite behind the obvious. Blue Devils are more of the same but still are strong, to say the least. Passing these two corps isn't easy... In fact, I was thinking that the judges might not let it happen at all this year. The blue team from Canton earned it and no one can take away this accomplishment. Congratulations!

I may need to attend more shows this summer than planned!

BLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

First of all, congratulations Blllloooooo!!! Very well deserved. Does this mean that they are definitely winning DCI? No, of course not. We still have to think about Cadets, Phantom, Blue Devils, and Cavaliers. Also, there might be a slight possibilty that Crown could surprise us all. But again, great job to the Bluecoats and I hope my Cavaliers are up to the challenge.

One last thing......I remember in the 70s/80, the talk was about somebody beating SCV and BD because they were always winning. I believe most people were pulling for Regiment to upset them. Came close three different times. Then in the 90s, the talk was about who will knock out Cadets. Anyhow, now people seem to want Cavies to lose, Cadets not to win, but somebody else taking the title. My opinion is no matter who wins, the top 7 corps all championship calibre shows this year. Great designs, talent, etc. Kudos to all!!

Dennis

Edited by cavies79

Thanks. Drum corps has been fun and rewarding these past 45 years.

Twilight Zone moment . . . tomorrow I will be marching in the Glen Ellyn, Illinois Fourth of July parade with the Classic Cavaliers. I marched in that same parade on July 4, 1967 - exactly 40 years ago!

I wonder if I'll recognize anyone . . . or anything? :)

Hey Paul,

Don't get any blisters tomorrow. :) Seriously, have a great time! I wish I could still march, but I live too far away.

Dennis