• 77-78
    • 78-79
    • 79-80
    • 80-81
    • 81-82
    • 82-83
    • HIGHER than 83?
    • Lower than 75?
  2. 2. Where will Academy stand in the rankings?

• Top 7
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
    • Semi Finals Range
    • 18th or lower

I'm predicting they'll score a 78 when they first come back. I'm expecting that score to improve another 8-10 points within the remaining month of the season, so their final score will be between an 86-88 IMO.

Well, I was pretty darn close. Let's see if the remainder of my prediction holds true :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably will have to wait until San Antonio for that one.

Okay, I'll take that! :blink: I am obviously just totally excited by this whole experience! :P

As for the guard unis, the Woman is in red (blood red is how it was described to me), the villian is appropriaely in black, and the hero is in a light color, brownish, beige-ish I hear. The rest of the guard has changed out the turquoise blue on one side with a darker blue (one person said navy or midnight) but the side with the black over it is still the turquoise.

Thanks for all the positive responses and good wishes from so many of you for AA....they mean a lot to those of us on the "homefront", and I know they mean a lot to the kids, too!

re: the guard uniforms...

http://www.dci.org/media/photo/2007/index....m_13&num=20

in that photo album are some photos of the uniforms from their rose bowl performance.

YEAH for them calling out the 3 characters! I know most corps don't put the whole package out there to start, but that was one of the things that the show was screaming for. Woo Hoo!

And thank you for the info!

Edited by renthead09

So... would the nine of you who voted 18th or lower care to change your votes now? B)

The DCI website says...

Lineup for the afternoon event is determined by the results of DCI Southeastern Championship in Atlanta, GA. The lineup for the evening event will be finalized after the results from the afternoon performance with the top 4 scoring corps advancing to the evening events in the first four slots.

Source link...

http://www.dci.org/schedule/detail.cfm?eve...d7-fbbf09fdc45a

The Academy is not performing in Atlnanta. So issue settled - they go on first in San Antonio. Case closed.

O.K. then.

Heh....a pretty good bar will be set by the first corps on, then!
But they are not first on. They were seed 12th as if their Saturday score came from Atlanta and go on after Spirit.