My apologies but, I can't do anything to fix this situation.

There's no need for you to apologize for anything. People make choices,some good some bad, some for good reason some for obtuse reasons, that's just the way it is. Simply proceed as always...Guess Who has always been a friendly and welcoming thread and to me that's a good thing...even fo for the many people that don't actively participate (like me)....there's history in the pictures and amusement in the banter!.....Carry on...

you're precious Nanci - your majesty - I do worry about you sometimes...

My life right now is actually about what it should be for someone of my age... quiet... worrying more about 6 grandchildren than anything else... as it should be...

We all on here have wonderful memories and preserving those memories is also important...

"Guess Who" has given us the opportunity to do just that... almost 37,000 times... wow...

I believe I know the banned one better than anyone on here and talk to him often... I still don't know all the particulars of the offense... The person responsible for having one of us banned has contacted me. I am willing to listen, but am still reluctant to get overly involved. My question all along has been "did the punishment fit the crime?" When and If I know what the crime was, I'll make the decision on that myself and act accordingly (or not act)

In the meantime, I suggest strongly that we all "play nice" and continue to share our wonderful memories (while we still have them - mine are no where near as sharp as they once were)

EVERYONE keep well and enjoy every day...

Guess Who #1

• Like 2

Well I enjoyed this break because I never know who's in the pictures - unlike Andy, Fish, and Elphaba.

But I'm ready to start looking at black and white pictures of young people doing drum corps and reading the fascinating clues while adding very little to the discussion.

I'm going to try to guess the next one before you post it - no one has ever done that before.

My guess?

Ed Denon from the Boston Crusaders...

Now let's see if you get the picture right...

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

you're precious Nanci - your majesty - I do worry about you sometimes...

My life right now is actually about what it should be for someone of my age... quiet... worrying more about 6 grandchildren than anything else... as it should be...

We all on here have wonderful memories and preserving those memories is also important...

"Guess Who" has given us the opportunity to do just that... almost 37,000 times... wow...

I believe I know the banned one better than anyone on here and talk to him often... I still don't know all the particulars of the offense... The person responsible for having one of us banned has contacted me. I am willing to listen, but am still reluctant to get overly involved. My question all along has been "did the punishment fit the crime?" When and If I know what the crime was, I'll make the decision on that myself and act accordingly (or not act)

In the meantime, I suggest strongly that we all "play nice" and continue to share our wonderful memories (while we still have them - mine are no where near as sharp as they once were)

EVERYONE keep well and enjoy every day...

Guess Who #1

That's 12 grandkids between the two of us so far - plus my 13 year old grandson is playing trombone in the Fort Worth Youth Symphony - the two of us will have a hell of a hornline if we can get them all together.

• Like 1

So you don't think banning someone (anyone) "for life" is "way too much drama over a god ###### website chat forum"?

Because at least a couple of us here do.

Are we wrong because that's what the moderators say?

2 very good friends of mine are banned from here for life. Why? Because they continued to break the rules of the site. In fact, one threatened to kill someone.Now, io

Now, in the past, I've been VERY vocal about the moderation on here. If you think this is bad, you should have been here under the original ownership. I've even been suspended once, and I totally earned it. I didn't even fight it. but I know people that continued to break the rules, in the forums and in private messages that got the heave ho, and never once owned up to their behavior.

Don can be a great guy. I've also experieced the other side of him, and that's the side that got him banned.

• Like 1

So Don emails me and tells me I'm angering everyone here. Since no one can actually tell me this I'm done. Shame, I learned a lot in this thread

• Like 1

O M G!
Enough already. I have way too much real life drama to deal with.
I have an ailing parent whose care is entrusted to me 24 hours a day which is why I have a long distance relationship.... haven't even physically seen him in almost 5 years. But, I don't come on this thread to ##### about all my personal problems.This thread wasn't set up or nurtured a long all these years to be some kind of crying towel. As far as I know, this wasn't even the scene of the so called crime.
I've fought off folks in the past that tried to use this thread as their personal peeing post.Those of you that have been here know I've protected this thread.This isn't the case here. Apperently, this has nothing what so ever to do with this thread and everything to do with the rules set by this website. When we all signed up here, we agreed to abide. Does the punishment seem a bit extreme.... sure. But, "I" didn't write the rules here.

This "THREAD" is supposed to be a place to pay homage and teach / learn about Drum Corps folks and Drum Corps history.... share laughs and have fun, Give kudos to those who came before or marched along side.....
If we "as a community" can't get back on topic here, what's the point?

Can we ban together here and get back on track or should I request that the website shut down the thread?

Sheesh I used to count on coming here as a bit of a release..... I used to so look forward to the clever clues that were given without actually giving away the featured person. I also loved learning or sharing history about the featured Corps or Corps person....

• Like 2