Bluecoats 2012

Bluecoats gave a GREAT performance at Centerville :worthy:

I look forward to seeing them at BG tomorrow night...and yes

"some" of the changes are already being worked on, but how wonderful that they have a show that is really working for them and the changes that are coming have been planned and are not in desperation.

Amen! That show is the real deal. What struck me at the show in Cedarburg on 7/3 was their command of the field. Just seeing them standing still before they even played a note, I knew I was in for a treat.

Just saw the new closer changes from the BGSU show...not bad... I wouldn't call them "insanely great", unless there are more changes to come to the closer.

Still think that staccato section right before the closer needs to go, or get re-worked. It sounds pretty weak to me and sort of messes up the momentum into the closer. And the "run to the company front" doesn't do it for me. I'm more of a Madison Scout "rotating company front" kinda guy :)

Keep it up Bloo!!!! Top 3 is not out of the question!

Just saw the new closer changes from the BGSU show...not bad... I wouldn't call them "insanely great", unless there are more changes to come to the closer.

Still think that staccato section right before the closer needs to go, or get re-worked. It sounds pretty weak to me and sort of messes up the momentum into the closer. And the "run to the company front" doesn't do it for me. I'm more of a Madison Scout "rotating company front" kinda guy :)

Keep it up Bloo!!!! Top 3 is not out of the question!

I agree. Exact same concerns.

Still think that staccato section right before the closer needs to go, or get re-worked. It sounds pretty weak to me and sort of messes up the momentum into the closer.

When I first heard it, my thought was "that would be really effective as a double/triple tonguing feature."

More changes tonight?

Edited by Elmo Blatch

Just happened on a video of the Bluecoats performance at Bowling Green. Speechless. The amount of changes in just two weeks is amazing. Then, the ending is quite chilling. They casually put down their helmets (if that is what they are called, sorry rookie speaking) then marching forward, they toss their masks becoming UnMasQueD for the first time. Son said it is insanely great. He is spot on!

• Like 3

There's a lot of talk about corps above and below the Bluecoats, but not a lot about the Bluecoats themselves.

I think this is a fantastic show that they are performing very well -- with both design and performance a step up from last season.

Whattayathink???

I think Bluecoats are doing great this year. This is a really cool show, with tons of great brass and visual moments.

Everyone should go check out their video on Fan Network, where they explain the use of Bon Iver's "Flume" in the show. Really great video, and gives an awesome insight into the show. Bluecoats really do some of the best videos in the drum corps world. This one, and the video of them singing "Creep" last year are some of the best I've ever seen.

Did anyone else catch the quote of '07 in the show this year? Seems like they quote the first impact from that show in the opener this year.

Can honestly say if I hadn't marched where I did, I would have loved to have marched at Coats. So many cool shows, and seem like a classy organization

Edited by fsubone

Everyone should go check out their video on Fan Network, where they explain the use of Bon Iver's "Flume" in the show. Really great video, and gives an awesome insight into the show. Bluecoats really do some of the best videos in the drum corps world. This one, and the video of them singing "Creep" last year are some of the best I've ever seen.

Wasn't sure how to format it make it play from my post, but yeah, there it is. I have to say, I didn't like the addition of the voiceovers before I saw this. After watching this video, I think it's one of the greatest emotion stirring moments of the year and makes the show just that much more relatable. Very well done video.