You liked ___. Perhaps you will like ____.
Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:54 PM
So what other recommendations are out there?
Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:54 AM
If you like Crown at all these days, go check out 1996. Love the brass arrangements (of wonderful composers Elgar and Walton). Brass performance and guard leave a bit to be desired, but they were only in their second year in the top 12. Love the show and would love to see Crown try to reimagine this show somehow with the design team and talent they have today.
Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:26 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:32 AM
If you liked 1993 Star of Indiana (music of Barber and Bartok), check out both 1995 Crossmen (Symphony for Brass and Percussion) and 2002 Blue Knights (Fear and Trembling).
If you liked 2011 Madison Scouts (New York Morning), check out 1999 Cadets (The Big Apple).
If you liked 2011 Santa Clara Vanguard (The Devil's Staircase), check out 1995 Blue Devils (Carpe Noctem).
If you liked 2011 Carolina Crown (Rach Star), check out 1997 Colts (The Music of Blood, Sweat, and Tears).
If you liked 2011 Blue Devils (The Beat My Heart Skipped), check out 1995 Colts (Sunday Afternoon in the Park with George).
Forward Dynamics, Oregon, WI - DCPI Season XX (Summer 2013)
- Polaris Regiment (World Class) "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" - 95.855, 3rd place
- The Marauders (Open Class) "Les Mariés de la Tour Eiffel" - 92.665, 4th place
- Xothyme (Class A) "Symbolia: Action Language" - 88.170, 8th place
Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:00 AM
Cavaliers 2004 -> Velvet Knights 1986
Crown 2008 -> Cadets 1985, Phantom 1975, Phantom 1977, Phantom 1994, Cadets 1994, SCV 1985, Phantom 1983, Cadets 1987, and many others
Cadets 2009 -> Cadets 1994 -> Cadets 1984
SCV 2010 -> Star 1993
Boston 2011 -> Cadets 1989
Crown 2012 -> Cadets 1988
Drum corps fan since August 12, 1991. Proud dad of a future guard member!
Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:51 AM
Good topic, mostly poorly executed.
Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:34 PM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:52 PM
- Phantom Regiment 1989, you should check out Glassmen's new take on the New World in 2005
- Madison Scouts' Rhapsody in Blue in 1985 (or 2010), you should check out Phantom Regiment's Rhapsody in 2005
Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:35 PM
1. Garfield Cadets 1987
2. SCV 1983
3. Garfield Cadets 1988 (similar style and composer)
4. Suncoast Sound 1985 & 1989 (A Florida Suite)
If you liked The Cadets 2011 (Angels & Demons), then check out:
1. Phantom Regiment 2008 (Spartacus)
2. The Cadets 1996 (The American West)
3. Santa Clara Vanguard 1988 and 1989 (Phantom of the Opera)
4. Sky Ryders 1987 (West Side Story)
If you liked the Blue Devils 2010 (mirror show, forget the full name), then you might like:
1. The Cavaliers 2006 (Machine)
2. The Cadets 2005 (The Zone)
3. Star of Indiana 1993 (Bartok)
4. The Cadets 1991 (ABC's of Modern American Music)
perhaps more to come as I have time...
~ Albert Einstein
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.