Seedings for Prelims

Every year, someone usually posts about what each corps must do at Allentown to move up a spot in regards to their seeding for Prelims. Since I have not seen that yet, I decided to give it a go myself. This is of course assuming the Prelims seeding (thus performance order) is based on the average of the three regionals like it has been the past few years. This list is based on the corps' current average score between SA and Atlanta, with the number in parenthesis, the amount they must outscore their competition one spot above them.

1.Blue Devils

2.Cadets (2.075)

3.Bluecoats (1.875)

4.Carolina Crown (1.45)

5.SCV (0.525)

6.Cavaliers (4.25)

7.Blue Knights (3.875)

8.Phantom Regiment (0.35)

9.Boston Crusaders (3.275)

10.Blue Stars (1.2)

11.Madison Scouts (1.5)

12.Crossmen (3.075)

13.Troopers (3.725)

14.Colts (2.55)

15.Spirit (0.775)

16.Academy (2.475)

17.Oregon Crusaders (1.15)

18.Pacific Crest (3.45)

19.Mandarins (1.575)

20.Jersey Surf (5.775)

21.Cascades (3.95)

22.Pioneer (6.1)

Hopefully my math was correct on all of this... apologies if not.

In my opinion, only a few corps have a realistic opportunity to change positions. I think SCV has a small chance to jump back over Crown with a great performance, and Phantom could obviously jump back over BK. Spirit, Blue Stars and Oregon have the next easiest deficits to overcome.

Edited by Tez

The methodology of utilizing San Antionio regional scores into the equation, makes the numbers a little bit less reliable, imo... as so many Corps have had so much more time since San Anton to refine, delete, add things into all these shows, as well as more practice time to clean. Few of these Corps today resemble the Corps that were in San Anton, imo. But nonetheless, the readings are interesting, and thanks for taking the time and effort to research and post this.

I kind of like basing the Prelims seedings on 3 weekends of regionals instead of just 1 or 2, but it really doesn't change things for most of the corps. Of the 22 corps there were on 4 "flip-flops" from what Tez has listed above and the final results from San Antonio:

Crown-SCV, Blue Knights-Phantom, Colts-Spirit, and Academy-Oregon

We'll see if Allentown changes anything further but it looks like the only possible changes in seeding might be "flip-flops" with 3 of the 4 pairings listed above.

So after Allentown night 1 there has been no seedings movement so far..... here is what can happen tomorrow in regards to seeding (and performance order for Prelims) based on tonight's results:

Cadets need to score higher than 98.9 to move above BD.

Crown must score higher than 93.55 to stay ahead of SCV.

Cavaliers must score higher than 98.35 to jump SCV.

Madison must score higher than 88.3 to jump Blue Stars.

Troopers must score higher than 79.625 to stay ahead of the Colts.

Spirit must score higher than 82.95 to jump the Colts.

The Academy must score higher than 77.225 to stay ahead of Oregon.

Mandarins must score higher than 78.925 to jump Pacific Crest.

If I am the Cadets, it may not be ideal to follow the Bluecoats or Crown on Finals. They are having a hard time getting the fans to get up off their seats..

Yet this has nothing to do with whether they can move up or not.

• Like 1

If I am the Cadets, it may not be ideal to follow the Bluecoats or Crown on Finals. They are having a hard time getting the fans to get up off their seats..

I did not attend every Cadets show this season, but in Lawrence, Bristol, Lynn, Atlanta, and Charlotte, people responded enthusiastically, though to be fair in Atlanta I was seated near the Cadets block. While they may not generate the same excitement as the other corps in the top five, it's still respectable.

Yet this has nothing to do with whether they can move up or not.

It's just about energy. If the Cadets hear less of a crowd reaction when following Crown or Bloo, the corps itself loses some of its own energy. It's more of an intangible thing more than anything.

It's just about energy. If the Cadets hear less of a crowd reaction when following Crown or Bloo, the corps itself loses some of its own energy. It's more of an intangible thing more than anything.

I expect the Cadets to bring a full measure of energy tonight, and I'm sure the A-town crowd will dig it too.

I expect the Cadets to bring a full measure of energy tonight, and I'm sure the A-town crowd will dig it too.

I agree with you. I was talking theoretically. Their performance order won't make a difference at all being in Allentown.