Show ideas for next year's corps?

Troopers: Light Calvary Overture

That's Cavalry.

Calvary is a totally different hill to climb altogether.

• Like 6

I agree with another dark, in-your-face show from Boston. And about a week ago I proposed a "To Hell and Back: Dante's Wild Ride." EXCEPT...no inclusion of Robert W. Smith's "Dante's Inferno." Nothing against the piece, but it's already been cited several times (Blue Knights in early 90's, if I recall.) The three sections -- Inferno, Purgatory, Paradiso -- would certainly present all sorts of dark, powerful, yet ultimately beautiful possibilities. As a pure exercise, I've been slowly working out a possible succession of musical selections. I'll be back when I have some offerings.

List a corps and what you would like to see them present

(Boston) Huberman WWII start of the Israeli philharmonic. Saving the musician from nazi.

Edited by emc2

It'd be an...interesting season if I got to choose

Blue Devils = E=MCEinstein was wrong.

Cadets = Sovetisky Soyuz - A Soviet Promise

Blue Devils B = Felliniesque

Blue Devils C = Noir (nuvo)

The Cavaliers = the Celebrity Freemason Vampire

Edited by JamesKPolk
  • Like 2

They will doom themselves out of the gate by rehashing ANYTHING from the past. It failed this year, and it will always fail. People are bored with retrospectives, and it always ends up being navel-gazing and egotistical anyway. 1985 is among the five most innovative shows in history. How can you beat that?

They should INNOVATE. Fans want something they've not seen or heard before. That's what the Cadets are about.

I agree. I'd love to see them venture into styles of music they've never done as well. Some of the amazing work being done in the video game industry might be a good place to start. Whatever the do, I hope the stay away from Americana and symphonic/brass band stuff and give us something completely new.

I could see BAC doing House of cards.

Titanic would be good for Madison (a la New York Morning)

Walking Dead sounds like it could be a good Cavies show.

I'd like to see cadets do game of thrones.

• Like 1

Surf- just do a willy wonka show.

Colts- the book of mormon. (Jk) they should do Rent.

BD- kubrick show.

Crown: a beautiful mind show.

BK- trittico. Its been 15 years since theyve played it, every year we want it.

Cavaliers- braveheart show.

SCV- a show about the spanish civil war. Horn and perc playing members representing the anarchists and communists (red jacked black pants) guard members representing the fascists and end up winning in the end. Lots of music and art to point to as well.

Phantom- Frozen. Because why not.

Blue stars- Neptune. (Because its blue)

Scouts- a chicago mobster show.

Boston- 1984. Or planet of the apes.

Pacific Crest- 20,000 leagues under the sea.

Oregon Crusaders- the howling.

Academy- a mirror's edge show. Teach the guard how to free run. Instant fan fav.

Some thoughts of mine

Phantom with some more John Adams, Philip Glass, Prokofiev, and all those other great Russians. No fairy tales, damsels in distress, love poems, etc. In fact no narrative at all. Just a good theme and concept.

Edited by gabe211
  • Like 3

BK- trittico. Its been 15 years since theyve played it, every year we want it.

No. "We" don't. You might, but that's a totally different deal. BK has entertained me three of the last for years..."I" want them to stay the new course.

• Like 2