Show ideas for next year's corps?

Things would get nasty real quick. EVERYONE would botch the trumpet solo "in honor" of Blue Devils.

But would the judges want people to botch the solo in a manner that was true to the original, or to bring their own style to the botching? :-)

• Like 2

Academy- a mirror's edge show. Teach the guard how to free run. Instant fan fav.

Now that..........would be cool. Would be an awesome concept to bring to the field, title sounds bad ###, some cool contemporary music you could use and lots of fun acrobatics/free running stuff the guard could do. I actually LOVE that idea. Nice one!

There's a show theme I WANT to be revisited. The Troopers 2012 show was a pretty fantastic failure, hate to say it. But the concept was AWESOME, and someone out there could make a steampunk show work, it just didn't for them in 2012. The Academy's look would work well here, put brown or the gold in for their accent colors, I could see them doing a show like that.......I would seriously love to see someone tackle that theme again, some really cool visual stuff you could do and a plethora of music you could use.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Cadets should do a Sigur Ros show about the seasons. I'm being completely serious.

Also, I'd love to see anyone tackle the music from the recent film, "Under the Skin". It's the creepiest, but coolest pieces of film music I can remember, especially "Love".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCGGmKTE2n8

Actually, all of the collateral/branding/design language from the marketing of that music could inspire something really cool.
  • Like 1

Or something from Jonny Greenwood. Some of the There Will Be Blood soundtrack would be pretty interesting to see on the field:

http://youtu.be/dGUP1CV3WTc

Edited by jasgre2000

Also, I'd love to see anyone tackle the music from the recent film, "Under the Skin". It's the creepiest, but coolest pieces of film music I can remember, especially "Love".

Actually, all of the collateral/branding/design language from the marketing of that music could inspire something really cool.

That was kind of a lingering creepshow of a movie. But I don't remember the music leaping out at me. (Or maybe that's the point.) Now I'm imagining scenarios where "are you alone?" and other snippets of conversation from the van are used for voiceovers. But it almost seems like the tone of that movie would be too quiet to transfer to the field. Would it be performed underneath something else, maybe?

Edited by ChuckH

I think Rufus Wainwright has a ton of music that would be good for a corps to do, particularly a ballad. Not sure who, but since Bluecoats did a great job with Vienna Teng's piece this year, let's go for Bluecoats.

Funny you mentioned that. Part 6 of Bluecoats 2013 was Rufus's Oh What a World, but it ended up getting cut during spring training.

• Like 1