Favorite "Pre-Show"

While I don't know of a concrete definition for a pre-show, I would say it is how the corps takes the field and sets a "mood" for the coming show. Please note that my use of pre-show is very much open to interpretation and i find it interesting to see how THE AUDIENCE knows the "main show" has started.

Some probably know which corps my favorite pre-shows will come from.

Cavaliers 2006---Precision, focus, and total ownership of theme come to mind as they took the field this year. My favorite effect being the periods of cohesive "robot stepping" as members own the field.

Cavaliers 2010--- Haunting pre-show warmup music and neurotic mad men set for an intimidating show.

Bluecoats 2011--- That buildup to the first big hit.

Phantom Regiment 2008--- Abuse and assault has never worked so well on the field! Very fitting and perhaps evoked more emotional investment from the audience than had it not been there.

Cadets 2005 Zone - Twisted Nerve

• Like 2

The pre-show is whatever happens before the screaming, distorted announcement by Brandt Crocker. I have to edit that out so I can enjoy the track.

Haha

Whatever the brass played in Blue Stars 2008 - 2010. Lovely chorale type stuff to fit with each show.

Although I am completely biased, I agree. I really think we were on to something back then especially with the pre-shows.

Blue Devils FTuning and it's not even close............

• Like 5