DCI 2012 Programs

I've heard the show is going to open with a giant present on the field and out form underneath the present will come members dressed in elf suits performing a christmas carol of some sort.

:satisfied:

• Like 1

I've heard the show is going to open with a giant present on the field and out form underneath the present will come members dressed in elf suits performing a christmas carol of some sort.

Maybe Jeffery's little brother can come over and try to open the present in the pre show? ph34r.gif

Maybe Jeffery's little brother can come over and try to open the present in the pre show? ph34r.gif

If this happens, I will blame you personally.

• Like 2

opps.. I know you meant well, but the term you should use now is " a Holiday Carol " ( not... " a Christmas Carol " ).

Stravinsky's a good choice. He has a ton of stuff beyond the minimalist Rite of Spring stuff. And if they choose to, Firebird is cliche but is always a good option.

Mike

Just to clarify, the Rite of Spring is FAR from minimalism. The movement didn't start until the 1960's with the likes of Phillip Glass, Terry Riley, Steve Reich, and others. Minimalism is characterized by ostinato with very subtle changes to harmony, rhythm, and texture over a period of time.

Nothing very subtle about the Rite of Spring. Speaking of which, I'm excited to hear The Academy's arrangements this summer.

• Like 1

NEVER!!

The Public Libraries need to put covers over Charles Dickens classic novel " A Christmas Carol ". Its been 169 years and counting now since his inappropriate title was chosen by Dickens. I'm surprised he's gotten away with this for so long by the PC Police. The fact of the matter is, there was no " Carol " character in his novel at all. Jeez, what was he thinking ?

Edited by BRASSO

If this happens, I will blame you personally.

Haha! tongue.gif