It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

The people that don't like C2 or what they are doing all share one thing: Fear.

I disagree with you on that one. I'm sure there are some who fear what C2 is bringing to the table but there are also those, me included, who are not fearful, but just genuinely not happy that the playing field is no longer even.

I know we can debate this age limit thing forever and mostly every point on both sides is valid. I do believe that experience trumps youthfulness in many regards but terms like "young blood", "not as young as I once was", and "back when I was your age" exist for a reason. Plenty of exceptions sure... But if their is one thing all of DCA participants had in common before, it was they all had the same hurdles and the same structure. Now, that's not the case. It's a different skill set now.

And that absolutely terrifies fans of the Harrischester Buccalerros, and the rest of the long-time DCA corps.

Fans maybe, but I'm sure the admin, staffs, and members of those corps are indifferent at the least. These corps have been around for decades and have replicated themselves time and time again. If anything, this may be a wake up call, but fear... No way. Those who are afraid, have already lost.

Edited by irishbugle

I know we can debate this age limit thing forever and mostly every point on both sides is valid. I do believe that experience trumps youthfulness in many regards but terms like "young blood", "not as young as I once was", and "back when I was your age" exist for a reason. Plenty of exceptions sure... But if their is one thing all of DCA participants had in common before, it was they all had the same hurdles and the same structure. Now, that's not the case. It's a different skill set now.

So C2 handicapping themselves by limiting membership hurts DCA and other corps? Not a chance. If anything it frees those hordes of adults to go elsewhere (except they won't, because they could have done that already). C2 are certainly at no advantage because the limit membership by age.

Fans maybe, but I'm sure the admin, staffs, and members of those corps are indifferent at the least.

And therein lies the problem. It's also why no one except Reading and Minnesota have won in the last seven years. Failure to adapt and overcome. There's another word that applies besife indifference. Stagnation.

• Like 3

Oh didn't you hear? World domination through the means of non-profit drum corps and marching band. It's really a flawless plan...

world domination? no..drum corp world maybe if it benefits their cause. no conspiracy but certainly not without reason....

So C2 handicapping themselves by limiting membership hurts DCA and other corps? Not a chance. If anything it frees those hordes of adults to go elsewhere (except they won't, because they could have done that already). C2 are certainly at no advantage because the limit membership by age.

And therein lies the problem. It's also why no one except Reading and Minnesota have won in the last seven years. Failure to adapt and overcome. There's another word that applies besife indifference. Stagnation.

the good its done no matter what they personally achieve is it will ( if others are smart ) spark a fire to move forward even look at the fact it 2012 with some.

but there a decent amount of staff with C2 that are green and some that have not done well at other programs. It's not all roses.

Care to name names? I just looked at the staff at C2 and I must admit they all come from some pretty successful programs be it marching band, indoor, DCI and DCA corps and all of them with a wealth of experience. I just fail to see any dead weight on this instructional team.

Jay

the good its done no matter what they personally achieve is it will ( if others are smart ) spark a fire to move forward even look at the fact it 2012 with some.

:blink:

Umm, would you re-state that sentence again, please? Grammar, punctuation...I'm not sure, but that didn't make a bit of sense to me.

• Like 1

:blink:

Umm, would you re-state that sentence again, please? Grammar, punctuation...I'm not sure, but that didn't make a bit of sense to me.

sorry..typing fast

Whatever C2 achieve, the good they have done already is light a fire and maybe make some see it's 2012 and will push some forward.

How's that :tongue:

sorry..typing fast

Whatever C2 achieve, the good they have done already is light a fire and maybe make some see it's 2012 and will push some forward.

How's that :tongue:

Well, I still had to mentally add a couple of pronouns, an adjective, and maybe a period to have it make sense. But, with a little imagination, I think I get your point.

Slow down, man, it's just you and me...

:tongue:

Edited by garfield

Well, I still had to mentally add a couple of pronouns, an adjective, and maybe a period to have it make sense. But, with a little imagination, I think I get your point.

Slow down, man, it's just you and me...

:tongue:

thanks for your lessons I'm sure we all can benefit from it. :tongue: How about a comment on the topic.