It's Official, Cadets need a new PR writer

the age thing can be an advantage...it can be a detriment too. See....experience can be a huge help to kick it upa notch, and know when to go all out.

plus, age is just a number. you have some 50 year olds out there running around as well as a 20 year old.

Bingo- experience, especially in Percussion Battery and playing together as an ensemble for years, makes a huge diff.

And really, to get back to the point of the post- I welcome a bit of confidence and bravado. The pool is big and the water's warm, and another quality unit pushes competition to higher levels of excellence. It might be the quality of the 7-10 bracket in OC Finals will be better than it has been in a long time, if not ever.

I think every other DCA corps needs to personally thank George Hopkins for absorbing any and all negativity that is generated on this forum. I don't think I have seen a slam on another single corps on here since the day Cadets 2 was announced as a concept. Hopkins has literally created the Black Hole of DCA Smack Talk. (Hey, C2, this would make a great t-shirt!)

Of course, the above is meant in total sarcasm. C'mon, give this new corps a break!!! I don't seem to remember anyone scrutinizing every single letter of every single word put out by any other first year corps.

10 corps will make finals. Cadets 2 will either be one of them or they will be one of the 2 that does not make the cut. Same with everyone else.

And btw, what I find most shocking about this is that this thread is TWICE as long as the No Beer at Prelims/Finals thread! Priorities folks. :devil:

well, see thats some peoples problem. I think there's no way cadets2 will ever be out of finals and most know this..As I have said Hopkins isn't doing this merely to play drum corps. If it isnt going to at the top of it's game it wouldn't exsist. So some realise it will push others down and someone out. But hey isn't that competition?

I remember all the Bush talk when they started. If the internet exsisted back then there would have been just as many pages.

plus, age is just a number. you have some 50 year olds out there running around as well as a 20 year old.

Hey.....I resemble that remark!!! :whistle:

Me too! I have marched three seasons after I turned 50. In my most recent season my problem wasn't being able to get around. My main problem was remembering where I was supposed to be.

Weekend only rehearsals + advancing age [memory loss] = bad combination.

i said as well as a 20 year old

:tongue:

10 NO ??

10 finalists, yes.

10 finalists, yes.

This sounds sorta like the National Hockey League not so long ago... There were six teams, but only four made the playoffs.

I think 13 open class corps this season going for 10 finalist spots. 11 corps last year, loss of Alliance, adding C2, Kidsgrove, and Fision Core. Kindly correct my math if I'm wrong, but it looks like 13 corps?

And for those who are all wound up abour C2- hey--- DCA might need their version of Kyle Busch and the Iron Sheik to rouse up some discussion and fan interest... :D

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1