You have 30 minutes...

Honestly....I wouldn't go to a car dealer. I'd go to a local business, or maybe even a chain like restaurants, or local convenience stores. Something where you know they can get business from that night.

Interesting ideas, but what business? The show starts at 7:00, I suppose they could focus on the early dinner-eaters who don't have a dog at the stadium (there's pretty good food at the stadium, and the local band boosters run the concessions). Intermission is 8:30 for 20 minutes. The show's over at 11:00. Most people drive home after the show. What business will draw customers under those conditions?

Edited by garfield

Interesting ideas, but what business? The show starts at 7:00, I suppose theycould focus on the early dinner-eaters who don't have a dog at the stadium (there's pretty good food at the stadium, and the local band boosters run the concessions). Intermission is 8:30 for 20 minutes. The show's over at 11:00. Most people drive home after the show. What business will draw customers under those conditions?

so with the time line you are saying and IF you cant or dont think you can get an early bird thing going , what incentive would anyone have to support the event...." whats in it for them ?" just askin

Much good advice already.

Another possible idea....ask the dealer to make their donation in the form of a car, which you raffle off at the show. This puts an entirely different face on the transaction. Now, it is no longer a greedy company paying to have their name plastered annoyingly on everything....it is a donation, and something I can win that night. Now I want to look at this car. Now I am not annoyed to see/hear that dealer's name 79 times in one night. Now you are justified to announce the dealer's name in all your advance advertising and over the PA every two minutes at the show....as part of promoting the raffle. Great PR opportunity for the dealership.

Downside is that you have to work for your money by executing the raffle. Upside is you can make even more money by selling more raffle tickets.

I read this last night and missed it's message.

This...might...work.

Excellent.

Maybe ask Waffle House for sponsorship? :thumbup:

• Like 1

Have the Cadets do a full run through with the Lexuses replacing their props on the field, footage for their Christmas in July Sale Extravaganza or just have the corps spell out the dealers’ name – car dealers love stuff like that because its so classy

Or they can wrap one up as a present and gradually unwrap it during the show to reveal the car with a sign for the dealership as the final impact of the show! :tongue:

What business will draw customers under those conditions?

Well...for a start there's...

5121537762_30192ec6fe.jpg

Well...for a start there's...

5121537762_30192ec6fe.jpg

Those lovely young ladies could not have marched in the guards of my era...they could never hold the flag poles straight up, though I can think of some other poles that might have been...well...never mind! :lookaround:

Interesting ideas, but what business? The show starts at 7:00, I suppose they could focus on the early dinner-eaters who don't have a dog at the stadium (there's pretty good food at the stadium, and the local band boosters run the concessions). Intermission is 8:30 for 20 minutes. The show's over at 11:00. Most people drive home after the show. What business will draw customers under those conditions?

around here...convenience store chains like Sheetz, Turkey Hill.....plenty of shows don't feed everyone, and people will pre-game and post game...and places will staty open past 11. The Hershey show when it ran always had stuff going with the local Wendy's, and Wendy's even had a coupon in the book for that restaurant.

Also...let's look at this...DCI is trying to get the kids right? What kid is ready buy a ####### Lexus in high school or college? For all the kids you see at shows, you don't see a matching number of parents at the show.

But...put a Wendy's Coupon in? Kids will hit it up for some latenight grub on the ride home. Same for like a Taco Bell. In the east...a WaWa sub with $1 coupon? Guarantee they'd get business after a show. Oh and people need gas....most convenience stores offer gas too!

but for an activity about youth, that's trying to attract youth....a Lexus? Really? I mean invite Jos. A. Banks and Rolex too!

Static displays are not allowed by state dealer associations - the rules are very strict. A dealer's name is not allowed on any display vehicle off the dealer's lot (apparently other dealers complain that they don't have enough exposure.

There is ALWAYS a way around everything.

I just spent the past couple of days at an event, one where parking is an absolute disaster and marketing at the event was strictly controlled. One company that is soon to launch a car sharing service in town did something pretty clever.

They gave show passes and loaned their cars guys wanting to attend the event provided get there VERY early, the very instant that parking opened up. They parked their entire fleet there, filled the entire front section of the parking lot with only their cars. Everyone walking into the event couldn't help but notice this block of cars. People also began to wonder if the cars from this company somehow gave them priority parking spaces around town or what the deal was.

It was a dead simple, but brilliant, effective and dirt cheap guerrilla campaign that got people talking, snapping pictures, sharing them online.

Not sure that this sort of thing would really fit with the Lexus brand... but, to get the wheels turning, I've uploaded the Lexus Brand Guidelines.

"Essence... The Pursuit of Perfection"

"If you think you can't you won't... If you think you can, you will!"

"QUALITY, INTEGRITY, PASSION AND PRIDE"