Teal Sound travel difficulties?

Judging by this, it sounds like they are having bus troubles. They are on the schedule for Lynn, MA tonight. I'm guessing they aren't going to make the show.

Hello All,

First and foremost the members and staff are safe and sound. We had been experiencing some problems with our bus company and we are working to resolve that issue. The gracious people at Ft. Edwards High School in Ft. Edwards, NY are housing us right now. The corps is having a regular full rehearsal day. We are making our plans to move forward. Please wait for our next update before calling and emailing the members and staff as the members need there focus on rehearsing and getting better and the administration need their focus on the plan to move forward. We will update you this evening by 8pm with more information.

This come across to me as just a poorly worded communication. The opening statement, "First and foremost the members and staff are safe and sound." made me go OMG, what happened?!?! The second statement, "We had been experiencing some problems with our bus company and we are working to resolve that issue." is then way to vague to overcome my initial OMG what happened reaction. Then telling me that if I am a parent not to contact my own kid, well... see the problem?

• Like 4

They're not stranded on a desert island, they're with 150+ other people who travel with a giant restaurant on wheels, at a high school in a town, not on the side of a highway.

"Ignorance is bliss"

• Like 1

Then telling me that if I am a parent not to contact my own kid, well... see the problem?

My point exactly.

• Like 1

The great directors of Crossmen and Jersey Surf stepped in last night and helped the corps get to housing and make contact with a new bus company. That is what drum corps is all about - And I'm proud that the corps that I am a charter member of, and that my wife also was a member of, stepped up to help the corps my daughter is a 4 year vet (and age-out) of. Drum Corps is a really great community.

Go Teal - Go Bones and Go Surf:)

Thank you XMen and Surf!!! Hope to see Teal Sound back with the tour real soon!!!

• Like 2

Well my child IS with Teal Sound - So I feel qualified to speak. They are fine. They are rehearsing, eating, carrying on like a normal rehearsal day. They are sad they are missing a show tonight (and most likely tomorrow night although I have no confirmation of that yet) but are hoping to jump back on after that. Getting a new bus company and getting busses to where they are at takes a little time.

The great directors of Crossmen and Jersey Surf stepped in last night and helped the corps get to housing and make contact with a new bus company. That is what drum corps is all about - And I'm proud that the corps that I am a charter member of, and that my wife also was a member of, stepped up to help the corps my daughter is a 4 year vet (and age-out) of. Drum Corps is a really great community.

Go Teal - Go Bones and Go Surf:)

You, or someone like you, should have constructed the initial communication. It is concise yet informative; without any language that generates an "OMG what happened" reading.

• Like 3

You, or someone like you, should have constructed the initial communication. It is concise yet informative; without any language that generates an "OMG what happened" reading.

Well, let's be honest, the admin, which is traveling with the corps, was a little busy. Stu, please give your usual rhetoric a rest on this topic.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 9