Teal Sound travel difficulties?

I am sure the Bus Company with get a full out B slap from DCP if it turns out that they are at fault. I will wait for more specifics before I jump on the dog pile.

Agreed, which is why I just asked a question on their page. Really looking forward to the whole story.

The sky isn't falling. Fort Edwards has been good for DCI, and has once again shown that it loves the activity. With corps going through transportation companies instead of doing the driving themselves, this is bound to happen at one point or another.

The sky isn't falling. Fort Edwards has been good for DCI, and has once again shown that it loves the activity. With corps going through transportation companies instead of doing the driving themselves, this is bound to happen at one point or another.

Even with the show being a baseball stadium it's awesome. Great hosts up there. Even the school's that house the corps I have heard all around that they are all great. It was a show we looked forward to each year.

• Like 1

Even with the show being a baseball stadium it's awesome. Great hosts up there. Even the school's that house the corps I have heard all around that they are all great. It was a show we looked forward to each year.

I don't think there's a show in upstate NY that isn't fantastic. Especially in Rome, where they feed the corps :)

The baseball stadium show is a good one, I was bummed when it was rained out a couple years ago when I was teaching Teal. of course, that just meant Brass Staff Ice Cream Run at the amazing ice cream place next to the stadium. We went while the show was in a rain delay, then gott the phone call that it would be a standstill. Mike Steiner, Ryan Whalen and I hustled back to warm up the hornline, with giant bowls of ice cream in hand. Made for a happy brass staff, but angry hornline. Sadly, the raid started again and they bagged the standstill.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

Funny thing is, there are transportation issues every year in drum corps, and there used to be a LOT more, there just wasn't Facebook/Twitter/Email/Internetz so the whole world didn't know about it. I don't know how Ft. Edward is the Bermuda Triangle of corps trauma, but in 1989 (maybe 1988) we (Suncoast) had bus trauma and ended up spending the night in sleeping bags on the Ft. Edwards mall (Aviation Mall, perhaps?) parking lot. The looks we got from shoppers the next morning were pretty classic. I am sure that in this day and age DCP and the Interwebz would have been going nuts.

(Of course, a LOT of what we went through in 88 and 89 would have upset parents, should they have known...)

:ph34r:

(By the way, I agree that the post was poorly worded, and it's probably for the best that they took it down)

Bus troubles? Nah!!

Well, there was time when the bus I was on dropped it's transmission in the middle of nowhere on the way home in '85. It was all good, though. We were towed to a truck stop and a few of us older members (there were only about 5 of us) hit the bar that was there. Mel dropped in a little while later, slapped down his credit card, and started a tab for us. :cool:

Edited by skajerk

I don't think there's a show in upstate NY that isn't fantastic. Especially in Rome, where they feed the corps :)

The baseball stadium show is a good one, I was bummed when it was rained out a couple years ago when I was teaching Teal. of course, that just meant Brass Staff Ice Cream Run at the amazing ice cream place next to the stadium. We went while the show was in a rain delay, then gott the phone call that it would be a standstill. Mike Steiner, Ryan Whalen and I hustled back to warm up the hornline, with giant bowls of ice cream in hand. Made for a happy brass staff, but angry hornline. Sadly, the raid started again and they bagged the standstill.

Yea I remember that however......I was dealing with a locked up axle on the ET at that time so I missed the ice cream run!!!

I hope they let the kids get all their crap off the busses before they took off

I hope they let the kids get all their crap off the busses before they took off

Looks like they did.