Teal Sound travel difficulties?

Sorry Teal Sound BUT if my child was stranded on tour in upstate NY, DONT expect me to refrain from trying to find out what the hell is going on with the wellfair of my child until 8pm OR when you decide to "update" the families.

Well, they did say "please wait" and not "you must wait." It seems like a polite request for restraint and patience designed to help the staff focus on what's next and assist the members in not thinking the sky is falling when in reality, what's coming down from the sky is just a light rain on original travel plans.

• Like 5

Funny thing is, there are transportation issues every year in drum corps, and there used to be a LOT more, there just wasn't Facebook/Twitter/Email/Internetz so the whole world didn't know about it. I don't know how Ft. Edward is the Bermuda Triangle of corps trauma, but in 1989 (maybe 1988) we (Suncoast) had bus trauma and ended up spending the night in sleeping bags on the Ft. Edwards mall (Aviation Mall, perhaps?) parking lot. The looks we got from shoppers the next morning were pretty classic. I am sure that in this day and age DCP and the Interwebz would have been going nuts.

(Of course, a LOT of what we went through in 88 and 89 would have upset parents, should they have known...)

:ph34r:

(By the way, I agree that the post was poorly worded, and it's probably for the best that they took it down)

No doubt.

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything from you at all on their page.

(Of course, a LOT of what we went through in 88 and 89 would have upset parents, should they have known...)

:ph34r:

Maybe there is a Florida curse in Ft. Edward! A lot of what went on in drum corps BITD would have had some of this DCP crowd beside themselves. I marched 69 through 77 and then taught after that - my wife marched 7 years through 83 and her brothers before that so we've seen a lot. What they do on the field now is completely amazing and so much more than we did - but their life on tour is actually pretty cushy compared to our day! Early days of McDonalds every meal and PB&J when there was no McDonald's no air mattresses on the floor, sometimes riding on school busses, sitting on the side of the road a lot waiting for a bus to be fixed. Most of us would not trade any of those moments for anything. And we still love those people that we went through it with. We were family, and we still are.

• Like 3

I am sure the Bus Company with get a full out B slap from DCP if it turns out that they are at fault. I will wait for more specifics before I jump on the dog pile.

Edited by jonnyboy