Ws There or Wasn't There?

I was there (both nights) and know Reading's show pretty well. There is a spot in the opener where it is very easy for the music ensemble to go off the rails. They flirted with it a few times (Downingtown was almost a disaster and Scranton was noticeably off). It was not together in Prelims. The percussion had some issues in the first half of the show that created a very loose ensemble for about 7-10 seconds.

In finals, however, that music ensemble was tight as a fish's behind: watertight. I sat right on the 50 in section 5, row 32, seat 26. I didn't hear a tear of any kind from Reading at finals.

Didn't see it Prelims and too far away Finals (and probably won't have noticed it anyway :tongue: ) but first paragraph is probably what I was told by a members parent. IIRC, the drum echo off the stands made it hard for people in the back to know when to step off.

Do I have to say it again? Don't read into things Ken!!! I asked a freaking question and that is all! I like the Bucs...heck I love'em all so I hav no "ulterior motive'" Read what I wrote and NO more! If I want to start trouble I know how to do that!

You weren't there yet you ask a question that was answered by the judges. Seems like you are looking for something here.

Odd.

I heard there was a tear in Bucs show. This was through DCP so any truth to it and if so...a 99 for a score? How does that happen?

Hi Keith. I wasn't there either, but as devil's advocate - let's say for the sake of argument that there was a tear. The job of the judges is to get the corps in the right order from top to bottom. The score is entirely relative. If the second best corps so far scored a 98.5 and another corps comes along that was better (with a tear included), then the corps with a tear deserves a score better than 98.5.

• Like 2

I sat right on the 50 in section 5, row 32, seat 26. I didn't hear a tear of any kind from Reading at finals.

Augh! That really was you! I was two seats directly behind you. I heard someone call you "John". I could tell you were clearly someone who knew a lot about the shows. I saw you posting things to the internet with your phone from time to time. I almost leaned over to ask if you were you, but had no idea what you looked like, and thought it would be really strange if it wasn't you.

Augh! That really was you! I was two seats directly behind you. I heard someone call you "John". I could tell you were clearly someone who knew a lot about the shows. I saw you posting things to the internet with your phone from time to time. I almost leaned over to ask if you were you, but had no idea what you looked like, and thought it would be really strange if it wasn't you.

Ok, that does it. Next year, I propose we come up with some kind of name tag system for DCP posters. That way we can identify each other better :)

• Like 1

I listened to their entire finals performance... from the front sideline where I had just prepared the trophies for retreat... NO tear... I was not the least bit surprised by the score - especially since Cabs and MBI were so good...

and then Bucs were?

AWESOME

• Like 1

Ok, that does it. Next year, I propose we come up with some kind of name tag system for DCP posters. That way we can identify each other better :)

it was probably me 5 rows down that called to you LOL.

and no tear that I remember. they ####### threw down

• Like 1

I needed my "guess who" badge (see thread on historical dca page) as I was flying incognito... :rolleyes:

maybe something similar to our "whoville" badges would be appropriate for regular dcp posters?

Thanks Tom! As you know I trust you as well as Roger. Time to move on to other "conspiracies!" LOL