Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

This thread has certainly been an eye opener.  At least now I know how some people here feel about me.

Giving a like for signature

2 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

We all know what he was referring to -- people who constantly decry that today's generation is bastardizing drum corps. These folks hardly ever have anything positive to say. There's a whole group on on Facebook devoted to it.

Or we can do as some people have, and take a 26 word tweet, with no context, and assume the worst of his intentions. Sigh.

covfefe

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Narrow said:

ea97l9dvjj5z.jpg

The more I look at these, I really appreciate the thought that went into them. The blue jacket is a pretty remarkable design for an anniversary show because it manages to incorporate:

The wrapped collar from the 1994-03 uniform.

The multiple points at the bottom from the 2004-05 uniform.

The white diagonals from the 2006-10 uniform.

The repeating stripes from the 2011-13 uniform.

A bit of curvy piping like the 1970's uniform.

And it all works together without looking like a bowl of oatmeal.

Then they axed the sleeves, so the kids would have more freedom or movement, even with a non-spandex material.

The undershirt and drops have an insect quality to go with the theme and there is a vertical split between warm and cool colors, so they can change the mood depending on which direction they face.

Great stuff! (and this is coming from an old - and non-offended - person). :biggrin:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Liahona said:

covfefe

On 6/22/2017 at 3:08 PM, Liahona said:

stop being political thanks

084.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

The more I look at these, I really appreciate the thought that went into them. The blue jacket is a pretty remarkable design for an anniversary show because it manages to incorporate:

Then they axed the sleeves, so the kids would have more freedom or movement, even with a non-spandex material.

The undershirt and drops have an insect quality to go with the theme and there is a vertical split between warm and cool colors, so they can change the mood depending on which direction they face.

Great stuff! (and this is coming from an old - and non-offended - person). :biggrin:

I love them.  Even the dance part.  I just want a shirt under the dance part 'cause its kinda weird.  Its not my favorite BD uni ever, but I like it alot.

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

Not very well versed in the older uniform designs so these observations are pretty cool to read!! I'm not quite the biggest fan of the uniform when the jackets come off but I appreciate the thought that went behind it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

084.png

childsplay.jpg

• Like 1

this forum is fun imo

(just this one, though)

Edited by saxfreq1128

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not very well versed in the older uniform designs so these observations are pretty cool to read!! I'm not quite the biggest fan of the uniform when the jackets come off but I appreciate the thought that went behind it

I would recommend waiting to see it in use at good quality resolution before fully forming an opinion. The design is sound and the colors are going to look very rich, so give it a chance. Scott Chandler tends to go a bit pink overboard at times, but there is a method to his madness. The pink/fuchsia shade is the color that provides the greatest clarity of impact against a green turf field. It's why Cesario used it for the original Star of Indiana uniforms. 

The gloves are going to be neon-visible from a distance, so there is a lot they can do with that. 

• Like 2

I got to see a Scope from the Anniversary party. I was surprised there weren't that many viewers. All 5 corps played some old favorites and sounded great.

• Like 1