Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

19 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Also........haters gonna hate and honestly just let it roll off like it always does.  The crowd reactions AND numbers they're getting more than speak for themselves.  

:)

Preach!!

I have a theory. Seeing the show on videos and hearing everyone thoughts. I know that the show (Metamorph) is just bones right now. It's evident its an unfinished product with lots more visuals to be added. As it seem not small addition this year as they normally add liite by little changes throughout their shows yearly that by August we get the complete product that grows. This year year seem rather there will be more of big changes with this show throughout this season. My theory is that it might be INTENTIONAL to have some of the visuals unfinished on such a large scale, in mostly places as place holders that is still enough to carry them. Or IS THIS JUST TYPICAL BD WAY YEARLY? but fitting with the theme as they go along we will see a morphing of the product as the show move along within the season ? Does anyone think its intentional with a lot of the visual unfinished in a big way to morphed throughout before our eyes ? And if so, wouldn't that be clever! I think they(drill writers) already knows what drills they going to put into different places of the show and then some things will Organically be added..

Also a little concern as well because I wouldn't want them to wait too long to start adding... and there's a number of concerns with that; seeing how intense and competitive this year already is. Any thoughts anyone ???

Edit: Ps: I am not worried, cause I know the capabilities of the organization, Its BD of course duh! Its just a litte concern.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
Not worried
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I have a theory. Seeing the show on videos and hearing everyone thoughts. I know that the show (Metamorph) is just bones right now. It's evident its an unfinished product with lots more visuals to be added. As it seem not small addition this year as they normally add liite by little changes throughout their shows yearly that by August we get the complete product that grows. This year year seem rather there will be more of big changes with this show throughout this season. My theory is that it might be INTENTIONAL to have some of the visuals unfinished on such a large scale, in mostly places as place holders that is still enough to carry them. Or IS THIS JUST TYPICAL BD WAY YEARLY? but fitting with the theme as they go along we will see a morphing of the product as the show move along within the season ? Does anyone think its intentional with a lot of the visual unfinished in a big way to morphed throughout before our eyes ? And if so, wouldn't that be clever! I think they(drill writers) already knows what drills they going to put into different places of the show and then some things will Organically be added..

Also a little concern as well because I wouldn't want them to wait too long to start adding... and there's a number of concerns with that; seeing how intense and competitive this year already is. Any thoughts anyone ???

Edit: Ps: I am not worried, cause I know the capabilities of the organization, Its BD of course duh! Its just a litte concern.

I wouldn't be concerned.  BD knows what they're doing.

The difference between now and a few years ago is just that the days of knowing right out of the gate in a given year that BD has gold locked down are gone.  In 2014, for example, there was almost no doubt at all who was going to win by the end of week one and it was a fight for 2nd. 

Now, we're back to a level of uncertainty in who is going to take it all.  Bluecoats have learned how to compete with BD in design, as well as Crown (this year's early-season struggles not withstanding) and it appears SCV is catching back up as well.

I think it's great for the activity as a whole, and no matter where BD ends up in the final tally, no one is going to be able to say they didn't make everybody sweat right up until the end.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, geluf said:

I wouldn't be concerned.  BD knows what they're doing.

The difference between now and a few years ago is just that the days of knowing right out of the gate in a given year that BD has gold locked down are gone.  In 2014, for example, there was almost no doubt at all who was going to win by the end of week one and it was a fight for 2nd. 

Now, we're back to a level of uncertainty in who is going to take it all.  Bluecoats have learned how to compete with BD in design, as well as Crown (this year's early-season struggles not withstanding) and it appears SCV is catching back up as well.

I think it's great for the activity as a whole, and no matter where BD ends up in the final tally, no one is going to be able to say they didn't make everybody sweat right up until the end.

Yes good point geluf. True that

37 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

SoCal is in for a treat. BD normally starts adding layers to the show when they are in Grand Terrace or my city Murrieta where they housed a few years ago. I will be at all the rehearsals in Grand Terrace leading up to Pasadena and Riverside. If i see anything new added, i will be sure to post it here. And on a scale of 1 to 10, the visual package is around 3 right now. Meaning it's no where complete. If anyone thinks for one second after 60 years of excellence, that is the finished or near finished product we saw last night, than you haven't been paying attention all these years. This show is going to METAMORPH thru changes all the way to August.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Someone around me last night was floating the same theory. Perhaps this show is meant to morph (more than usual) through the season.

It'll be interesting to see what the show looks like at the Rose Bowl. They tend to start adding in SoCal.

• Like 3

Interesting how this thread "done blown up". 

The Drum Major posted on twitter. Seems the context was lost if we are to believe this was in reaction to some random BookFace group. How was anyone to know? Unless you are in the corps or the loop. 

In my opinion Flammaster apologizing was not necessary. Never apologize for an opinion. Apologize for bad language or harsh criticism sure if you are compelled and honorable enough to do it then I respect it. But I did not read his and a few others posts that way. They had formulated an opinion. Based on a twitter post. Obvious to me they were not part of this BookFace group. 

To be very honest I don't belong to BookFace for many reasons but one is because the constant drama it creates in folks lives. I'm not talking about the young kids / adults of today. I'm more talking about adults who are hateful and so wrapped up in themselves etc. Politics/religion. Seems some of the worst of BookFace is between 35 and 50 age groups. 

AnyWho - I have not seen BD show so I reserve comment until I do. I hope they have a successful season and perform well. 

YMMV.

• Like 1

I haven't really noticed until recently due to bad video quality but is anyone else hearing the reprise of the ballad trumpet solo in the closer? 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

SoCal is in for a treat. BD normally starts adding layers to the show when they are in Grand Terrace or my city Murrieta where they housed a few years ago. I will be at all the rehearsals in Grand Terrace leading up to Pasadena and Riverside. If i see anything new added, i will be sure to post it here. And on a scale of 1 to 10, the visual package is around 3 right now. Meaning it's no where complete. If anyone thinks for one second after 60 years of excellence, that is the finished or near finished product we saw last night, than you haven't been paying attention all these years. This show is going to METAMORPH thru changes all the way to August.  

Totally! Somehow I still think this show will be hard to beat. Because if this is pure bones and making such an impression already, I can't even imagine how evolve this will become in progression through the season. I look forward to for your posting, reporting on the rehearsals and layering they will be adding.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1