THE ACADEMY 2017

The Adams Family Vegas Wedding Reunion.

or alternatively, the " Elvis Is Not Dead " themed show.... with Vegas as the backdrop.

Elvis is not dead! Yes! Academy could pull this one off in style.

Edited by luv4corps

If Academy is doing a Vegas show at all, they need to do Godzilla Eats Las Vegas by Eric Whitacre. I feel like this corps could do an awesome job with that piece!

• Like 1

What would you want to see them do this next year?

I'd like to see them revise the thread title to incorporate lower case letters where appropriate.

So...you're hoping for an undead French Mary Poppins show?

72149ae0bd911f36f5b6a6511835de38.jpg

I love DrumManTx's idea from a little while back of Academy doing a silent movie show.

DrumMan's idea, huh?

Silent%2BFilm.jpg

Actually, silent films were almost always accompanied by live music, so "silent" would not rule out the brass and drums from playing. I agree, however, that the "Silent picture" theme should probably not be applied to this particular show, which is geared to the late 1960's Italian-made western genre.

That said, I DO think that a drum corps might well consider exploring a visual theme tied to silent films, which might even use dialogue cards like the example I gave above. I would think that there is much visual material to plunder, especially within German Expressionism, which would meld well with certain composers.

Edited by Eleran

Cool like this years show . DCI used you as under 12 place 015 to 11 place in 016.

I'd like to see them revise the thread title to incorporate lower case letters where appropriate.

72149ae0bd911f36f5b6a6511835de38.jpg

I was so excited that I was yelling, and I'm not sorry. :silly:

DrumMan's idea, huh?

That was DEFINITELY your idea and not mine, I just kept brining it back up because I really liked it. Never took credit for it.

Wish it was my idea. And the Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies one which I think would actually be freakin brilliant for them.

Keep em coming. Lol.

• Like 1

It was all tongue-in-cheek ... I get no royalties on my ideas.

PP&Z might be great, but probably too soon after another corpse show.

As for a silent film based movie, if German Expressionism isn't your cup of tea, someone could base it on:

!CCi(bi!BWk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEz9(zkeQ!BNLeOBF

If Academy is doing a Vegas show at all, they need to do Godzilla Eats Las Vegas by Eric Whitacre. I feel like this corps could do an awesome job with that piece!

If the original Velvet Knights were still around, this is exactly the kind of show they woulda done these days.

• Like 1