Cone of silence

Although I enjoy hearing about shows in the preseason and show announcements, there's also something to be said for the element of surprise. If a corps decides not to make an announcement I do not see it as disrespect or disregard  toward fans. For me, what I envision a show to be after hearing an announcement rarely turns out to be the case. I do like knowing what music will be used ahead of time, especially if I am not familiar with it.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Although I enjoy hearing about shows in the preseason and show announcements, there's also something to be said for the element of surprise. If a corps decides not to make an announcement I do not see it as disrespect or disregard  toward fans. For me, what I envision a show to be after hearing an announcement rarely turns out to be the case. I do like knowing what music will be used ahead of time, especially if I am not familiar with it.

Pretty much how a lot of us feel:  torn between wanting to know and wanting to be surprised (which is why I said we're all a little crazy).  I think the worry about surprise is probably a bit silly.  Been through seasons where I've seen lots of ST runs and there's still plenty of surprise when you see that first performance.   Heck there's still surprise seeing it multiple times over the season;  show flags are added,  sketched in sections are refined, new stuff added,  and -- most-of-all -- the performers gain confidence.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Seeing Bluecoats the last 3 years in the theatre without seeing any of their shows prior to that moment are some of the most enthralling and exciting moments of watching this activity I can remember in my time as a fan short of seeing a show live. 

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Oh contraire.. you did not call me silly, or "ridiculous"  above( perfectly fine if you did ). Instead, you called me " selfish ". Big difference, my friend, and that prompted me to reply to that insult from you on this alleged selfishness of mine.

It's because you are being selfish. How can you get annoyed because they don't release any information that you're technically not entitled to get? It's a RIDICULOUS attitude to have so forgive me for not being sympathetic. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

It's because you are being selfish. How can you get annoyed because they don't release any information that you're technically not entitled to get? It's a RIDICULOUS attitude to have so forgive me for not being sympathetic. 

with that mindset, we shouldn't be allowed to get upset when our favorite sports team does not perform well. we're not entitled to our team winning. 

I think Brasso and Tekk are headed for a time out soon and Corpsband is giggling in the background because he sees it coming....

37 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

with that mindset, we shouldn't be allowed to get upset when our favorite sports team does not perform well. we're not entitled to our team winning. 

Umm no. YOU PAID to watch your team attempt to win. You didn't pay for a drum corps to release information earlier than you want. You didn't pay to see the team's plays before they executed them, did you? 

58 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

lol!.. Heck, you're the one less than 48 hours ago on here getting ( your words ) " annoyed" because your fellow alums of the Cadets simply were saying good things about the offseason at the Cadets. So spare us the preachiness on my " attitude ". I defended the Cadets hype, George Dixon, et al saying good things about YOUR Cadets.. but you wanted none of it. Your " attitude " of late has tanked on here, imo... and you used to have a very good " attitude " on your Cadets, fellow fans, etc. So " forgive me " if your attitude has tanked lately. That's YOUR problem.. not mine.

Edited by BRASSO

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

lol!.. Heck, you're the one less than 48 hours ago on here getting ( your words ) " annoyed" because your fellow alums of the Cadets simply were saying good things about the offseason at the Cadets. So spare us the preachiness on my " attitude ". I defended the Cadets hype, George Dixon, et al saying good things about YOUR Cadets.. but you wanted none of it. Your " attitude " of late has tanked on here, imo... and you used to have a very good " attitude " on your Cadets, fellow fans, etc. So " forgive me " if your attitude has tanked lately. That's YOUR problem.. not mine.

Kill it Brasso. No one is getting annoyed at anyone saying good things about anyone so stop misinterpreting my words and stick to the subject at hand.