Live Streaming 2017

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I may or may not have some BOA rips from the fall and yes, the audio quality was pretty dang atrocious.  I was pretty against it when DCI announced this......I had no complaints about how things were run before they switched and I did not enjoy how they did with BOA in the fall.  They also have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.  

HOWEVER.  

WGI was better than BOA was.  I still think the quality of the video is a step down and they had one or two hiccups that were not internet connection related (they acknowledged this).  

I've been told Tom Blair/people who did them before will be working with FloMarching to improve the quality.  IF they can get mic placement/type down it'll help a TON over BOA.  Sometimes the video was pretty great for BOA, other times it wasn't.  But audio was my big complaint.  

I'm cautious, but not as insanely opposed/mad about it as I was when they announced this new partnership.  If they can improve the quality with the amount of content they're promising, hell yeah it'll be good.  

I can't wait for the incessant complaints from fans this summer about this service...not sure why people think all of a sudden a group that covers wrestling matches know how to all of sudden capture audio and video of our activity sans WGI/BOA failures of the past...the ONLY news that makes this even palatable for me is Tom Blair will be involved in some capacity...other than that I don't have much hope for this being a success...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

I haven't checked yet but how does pricing work for this service?

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I haven't checked yet but how does pricing work for this service?

150$ gets you all access to everything for the whole year, BOA, DCI, WGI, Wrestling, Show Choir, ERRYTHING!  30$ gets you one month, so you could get the whole DCI season in for only 60$ if you wait til June 22nd to subscribe (day of the first show).  

Though Tom Blair is still doing championships, so I'm not sure if that'll be included.  

21 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I can't wait for the incessant complaints from fans this summer about this service...not sure why people think all of a sudden a group that covers wrestling matches know how to all of sudden capture audio and video of our activity sans WGI/BOA failures of the past...the ONLY news that makes this even palatable for me is Tom Blair will be involved in some capacity...other than that I don't have much hope for this being a success...

I think most assume DCI will provide production guidance. What Flo offers is a high performance platform and better options for streaming content. If the camera angles and mic placement are wrong, that is on DCI. You think this is not a joint effort? 

It's the only thing we have, so since I can not travel around the country this summer, I guess I have to take it.

I'll just hope it's better than I keep hearing.

A, um, friend of mine *cough* who happens to live in Australia would like to know if their service works over a VPN. Some services block shared IPs (like Netflix). If someone would be kind enough to test the service over a VPN set to the US, that would be great (the Opera browser has a free one built in...).

For my friend, you know...

I thought it was posted in the earlier thread on this subject that there will be no availability to view any of the streaming events anywhere outside the US.

1 hour ago, wonker said:

I thought it was posted in the earlier thread on this subject that there will be no availability to view any of the streaming events anywhere outside the US.

Hence the above question about VPN...in layman's terms...think of it as simply "invisible browsing" where the server (that serves the content/stream) is not able to ascertain that you are outside the US and thinks you are actually located in the US when viewing the content. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Hence the above question about VPN...in layman's terms...think of it as simply "invisible browsing" where the server (that serves the content/stream) is not able to ascertain that you are outside the US and thinks you are actually located in the US when viewing the content. 

https://unlocator.com - this should help you stream outside the US. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

A, um, friend of mine *cough* who happens to live in Australia would like to know if their service works over a VPN. Some services block shared IPs (like Netflix). If someone would be kind enough to test the service over a VPN set to the US, that would be great (the Opera browser has a free one built in...).

For my friend, you know...

Yeah I gotchu, I'll try to test it out on the first show. PM me if you have a certain vpn you like to use

• Like 1