DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

4 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

They're barely behind Blue Knights in GE and that's while their show is barely readable because of how dirty it is. 

Just look at the brass score. There's a 7 point gap between their repertoire and achievement. No other corps tonight has anything close to that type of spread! 

Same with their visual scores. They have the biggest spreads between content and achievement of any corps tonight. 

This corps needs the whole season to clean and improve. Im not going to doom them just yet 

Yeah, but those spreads between content and achievement change all the time. Tonight .7 tomorrow .1. I liked their drill a lot. It was probably the most readable drill of the night, but it's not what scores well today. It's really a show out of 1984. From a distance, the uniforms and drill look like out of 1984. I wish everyone looked out of 1984 but that's not what wins today.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I would defend BD, but not having seen their show, I can't.

BD is on fire. Still alot to add visually. But the music........oh the music is eargasm!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

This.

Add BK's snare solo, SCV tenor feature, and Mandarins Sound of Silence balad and you've got my list of favorite moments from the night.

Unfortunately, I had a work event and made it 1/2 through Mandarins, so I really didn't see them.

• Like 1

Great show tonight! I'll be in Hamilton tomorrow night, I'll try to at least post a few pictures, probably won't be doing any other posting while I'm there, I'll have my 7 year old with me. Good night DCP!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Unfortunately, I had a work event and made it 1/2 through Mandarins, so I really didn't see them.

I ate them up

And "Sound of Silence" was dope

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah, but those spreads between content and achievement change all the time. Tonight .7 tomorrow .1. I liked their drill a lot. It was probably the most readable drill of the night, but it's not what scores well today. It's really a show out of 1984. From a distance, the uniforms and drill look like out of 1984. I wish everyone looked out of 1984 but that's not what wins today.

Those spreads look the same as they were at the last comp. 

Point being, lets let the season atleast run halfway through its course

I know it's just one show...........and it's not even July 1st yet. But could we see the Mandarins make a run at the top 12?

• Like 5

Just now, Cappybara said:

Those spreads look the same as they were at the last comp. 

Point being, lets let the season atleast run halfway through its course

No one is not letting the season run halfway through its course. We are commenting on what we see today. That's all we can comment on. Based on what I saw tonight, I feel Regiment will place 10-12. That could change tomorrow, in two weeks, finals night, but all we can comment on is what we see today.

• Like 1