DCI West is the Best - June 25, 2017

9 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I agree. Just saw the LotHype.com video of BD's show from Clovis, and if that cleans up and is tweaked in the right ways even Bloo hasn't got a prayer this year. Bloo is much, MUCH more polished and needs far less tweaking to their design out of the gate, but with that comes the danger of plateauing early. 

I must apologize. I just saw SCV's run from last night. That show should keep BD in check during the west coast tour, and will allow Bloo to stay in the picture in San Antonio and beyond. 

Good god, this activity sorely missed Michael Gaines.

EDIT: And yes, I do think there is a possibility that Vanguard could win it all this year. They've got the show to do it, the cleanliness needs to be there.

Edited by MotoSurfBass
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Two trolls out tonight Chief!  BD must be THAT good.

Honestly i don't mind the trolls. I actually kinda like them. Reading their nonsense is hilarious! When they appear on DCP, that's a good sign. Cause it means BD is a threat to win. DCP needs BD at the top. This place is BORING when BD isn't winning. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Honestly i don't mind the trolls. I actually kinda like them. Reading their nonsense is hilarious! When they appear on DCP, that's a good sign. Cause it means BD is a threat to win. DCP needs BD at the top. This place is BORING when BD isn't winning. 

Uh, Chief -- the Cap'n found 2013 VERY exciting.  :-)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Uh, Chief -- the Cap'n found 2013 VERY exciting.  :-)

Reading your post i just realized if i make Senior Chief next year i will have to change my username lol.

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Reading your post i just realized if i make Senior Chief next year i will have to change my username lol.

I'm sure that's a change you'll be glad to make.  I'll be pulling for you!

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

I'm sure that's a change you'll be glad to make.  I'll be pulling for you!

Thank you. Much appreciated.

10 hours ago, mboogey73 said:

Can't remember anytime SCV beat BD in color guard. Wow. 

I seem to remember a couple of shows in 2013, but my memory is fuzzy and I don't feel like looking it up.

Edited by c.l.

11 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

All I can say is, get your tix to Nashville today. You will likely see the last big changes to these shows, including Coats and Crown, before finals. And it will be sold out. Best and most important show of the year that isn't a Regional. And this year, wow, you will see one heck of a brass exposition.

Looking at Nashville tickets now....I better decide if and how many of us are going, now!

I posted a Stanford Review in the review section today.  I had the pleasure of being at the show and was very pleasantly surprised by what I saw from Regiment.  I was prepared for the worst after seeing the scores from Friday & Saturday.  I left with a polar opposite impression and some excitement.  The difficulty is sick - this show is a BEAST.  I didn't see anyone else move AND play at that difficulty for large chunks of the show.  I don't completely understand the slamming in the show thread.  The execution challenges that come from that are hurting the effect.  If you peel back the layers though, there are some moments that had a nice impact and can become great impacts.  Most encouraging to me is the gaps you see between the rep and performance categories.  The rep scores are higher by a wider margin for the most part than most other corps.  That usually means good room to grow from a scoring perspective - and with performance that challenged, the rep scores have equal room to grow.  The last several years was the opposite, we all saw lower Finals placements coming because the performance scores caught the rep scores and even surpassed them.  I'm sure there are individual show exceptions that anyone could find, I'm sure, but I'm confident in the generalization.

More to the point, I really dug the show despite how ragged it is -  and cannot wait to see it grow and develop.  That's a huge departure from the last several years.  A better litmus test than me - 2 of my dearest DC friends, one who marched SCV and the other who marched Star, SCV & BD, both really liked Regiment's show & potential.  It's in the members and teaching staff's hands as to how far they can take this vehicle.  I think it's quite possible they can challenge for 6th.  Equally important, they've re-established the brand with demand that can bode well for 2018 and beyond. 

Go slay this beast, Regiment!

Harvey

• Like 1