DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

50 minutes ago, CACTSC said:

Music analysis correction...

16.4 to 15.8 for Blue Stars

cont 8.7 achv 7.7 = 16.4

changed to

cont 8.1 achv 7.7 = 15.8

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

Then I still have no clue.  Messages have been sent to Flo and internet provider.

Hopefully Flo are working the issues out with DCI before SA.  No pic's issue.  Just sound what ever the problem is equipment placement etc.  I have Verizone fiber and high end equipment.

8 hours ago, Mikey408 said:

I had several freezes and disconnects here, as well as the eighth note audio delay. Maybe the pulled out of the second show to get this one right. It was the least awful of the flo crap so far, but then again, I am up in canada with satellitte internet and a VPN, so I am lucky to get it period! With the voice overs hardly audible, I enjoyed the brass lines. Crown and Crusaders for sure.

posted from the DrumScorps app

The Voice was a problem for all the shows last night. Not sure what the issue is with the audio for that but in my opinion it must be how they set up the equipment to capture audio. It is not that good. I hope that SA is better, I might be worse due to the amount of people who will be tuned in for the streaming. It will be a test of flo no doubt. 

6 hours ago, 777hornman said:

Crossmen beat Blue Stars. Was mistake on recaps. Fixed. 

World Class
Carolina Crown 87.400
2 Boston Crusaders 84.700
3 Crossmen 80.350
4 Blue Stars 80.100
5 Mandarins 76.750
6 Madison Scouts 75.900
7 The Academy 74.800
8 Colts 72.700
9 Troopers 72.700
10 Genesis 66.700
11 Jersey Surf 62.250
12 Pioneer 60.200

LIKE!

10 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I don't get that either. It's sounded like the Colts seem much better than the Troopers. Not to mention, they had been hot on the Academy's heels for quite a bit of time.

In my opinion the Colts show and performance was better than the Troopers last night. I thought from what I saw on the uniform thread I would not care for the uniform but I was wrong with that opinion. They look very nice on the field. 

I like the Troopers but the show just does not have the Troopers signature on it. Hope they get some good practice in and have the design team add to it. I really don't like the tarps. That is just an opinion. 

Academy's show was entertaining and I thought it was done well. Surprised that the judges seem to be reluctant to give the scores a bump. I need to re-watch the show as maybe they are not as strong as I thought in music. The GE seems to be the problem for me and maybe that is just a matter of tweaking the show through practice?

I liked Madison's show and thought they would score above the Mandarins. The show was enjoyable and there cymbal line was tight. I was not prepared for them to have cymbals and was happy and surprised.  

Mandarins are good, very good. Seems that the show has a good deal of room to grow and that could spell trouble for those who watch the scoreboard. They could wind up beating a few above them who are not paying any attention. 

Blue Stars It was my least favorite. I even thought the Scouts and Mandarins were more enjoyable but it is not because they are bad or anything like that. I just do not like the show. I don't want to put them down any so I will leave it at that. 

Crossmen are on fire. I like the show the ideas and they are hitting on all cylinders. I would disagree with the judges on brass and percussion scores - but will admit they might not have the level of talent as the BS. They just perform the heck out of this show and I love that sort of stuff. 

BAC - since I'm a "homer" "honk" i will not go much into my BAC love but I have to say that show is the best show from BAC I have seen. So much stuff to like. 

Crown - I did not like the show but think they deserved the scores they received. The props????? no clue. They have a supper strong Brass and Percussion but I do not like the show. Was disappointed because I have really come to enjoy what they do the past few years. NOT a fan of that Shako or whatever that thing is the singer is wearing. 

Edited by E3D

24 minutes ago, E3D said:

The Voice was a problem for all the shows last night. Not sure what the issue is with the audio for that but in my opinion it must be how they set up the equipment to capture audio. It is not that good. I hope that SA is better, I might be worse due to the amount of people who will be tuned in for the streaming. It will be a test of flo no doubt. 

Specifically for Boston...their sound system was placed in front of the flo-mic's...so anything coming out of them was not heard as well...I listened to them both with my enhanced sound and without..I heard them fine with advanced sound software and could barely hear it without...just FYI

• Like 2

Just now, Liahona said:

Specifically for Boston...their sound system was placed in front of the flo-mic's...so anything coming out of them was not heard as well...I listened to them both with my enhanced sound and without..I heard them fine with advanced sound software and could barely hear it without...just FYI

Yeah once I realized the sound was a problem (I was only using one ear bud) I put the other one on and was able to here the voice but it was not balanced. I don't have anything advanced so I'm at the mercy of a Macbook Pro. Which by the way while "recording" the shows from flo the fan on the thing kicks into high gear and sounds like a drone on a hover pattern! 

18 minutes ago, E3D said:

Blue Stars It was my least favorite. I even thought the Scouts and Mandarins were more enjoyable but it is not because they are bad or anything like that. I just do not like the show. I don't want to put them down any so I will leave it at that.

I agree with this. A talented corps given a dud for a show.