Big Brassy Brawl in Buffalo - August 6, 2017

Tour of Champions: Drums Along the Waterfront

Orchard Park, NY | Sunday, August 6, 2017

New Era Field
One Bills Drive 
Orchard Park, NY 14127

Weather for Sunday, as of today: Partly cloudy with clouds increasing as the day goes on, but no precipitation expected. High of 76, 5-10 mph winds. Should be an awesome night for my one and only show of the season!

4:00 p.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:15 p.m. Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI
7:33 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO
7:51 p.m. The Cadets - Allentown, PA
8:09 p.m. Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL
8:27 p.m. Intermission
8:52 p.m. Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC
9:10 p.m. Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA
9:28 p.m. Bluecoats - Canton, OH
9:46 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA
10:11 p.m.

Scores Announced 

• Like 1

By the way, here is some relevant promotional coverage for the upcoming event, featuring a member of the 2016 Bluecoats (he was one of the members of the trombone octet in the show).

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/television/programs/wny-living/july-29-drums-along-the-waterfrong/459922978

• Like 2

While this thread is still up near the top, I might as well add the housing assignments. I may check out the Cadets rehearsal since they will be rehearsing the closest to where I live.

http://drumsalongthewaterfront.org/local-hosting-schools

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

By the way, here is some relevant promotional coverage for the upcoming event, featuring a member of the 2016 Bluecoats (he was one of the members of the trombone octet in the show).

http://www.wgrz.com/entertainment/television/programs/wny-living/july-29-drums-along-the-waterfrong/459922978

Thanks for posting the interview.  Matt did a great job representing Blooo and drum corps!

• Like 1

Bump.

Hoping to catch Blue Stars rehearsal this evening and Cadets rehearsal tomorrow afternoon!

• Like 1

Been looking forward to this show more than any other. BD should debut the final piece to the closer as they normally do in Buffalo. Last show before quarters for BD. Can't wait to see what they do with the window. Do it up Devils!

• Like 4

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Been looking forward to this show more than any other. BD should debut the final piece to the closer as they normally do in Buffalo. Last show before quarters for BD. Can't wait to see what they do with the window. Do it up Devils!

This is also BD's last direct faceoff with SCV before Championships! And Blue Stars, Phantom, and BK will have an opportunity to square off against each other once more as well. I'm so excited to see it all go down live!

• Like 4

Remember the tie in 2013 between Crown and BD?   

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar again between Bloo and Crown.    Great set up for one of the more interesting battles in Indy.

Wonder how welll SCV can fare against BD.  They've come close (.013).   But can they overtake what could be one of BD's top 1-2 shows of all time?   My heart says YES, but my eyes and ears say maybe not.   Let 'em play it out!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Wonder how welll SCV can fare against BD.  They've come close (.125).   But can they overtake what could be one of BD's top 1-2 shows of all time?   My heart says YES, but my eyes and ears say maybe not.   Let 'em play it out!

The closest SCV has come to beating BD this season was at Southeastern, when they were just .013 behind, the slimmest margin of victory in DCI history. Will we see a repeat of the 2013 Buffalo TOC at the top? We shall see!

• Like 1