Big Brassy Brawl in Buffalo - August 6, 2017

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The closest SCV has come to beating BD this season was at Southeastern, when they were just .013 behind, the slimmest margin of victory in DCI history. Will we see a repeat of the 2013 Buffalo TOC at the top? We shall see!

Fixed it!  .013

Even better!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Remember the tie in 2013 between Crown and BD?   

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar again between Bloo and Crown.    Great set up for one of the more interesting battles in Indy.

Wonder how welll SCV can fare against BD.  They've come close (.013).   But can they overtake what could be one of BD's top 1-2 shows of all time?   My heart says YES, but my eyes and ears say maybe not.   Let 'em play it out!

I am gonna get the business for saying this........but i think BD opens up the gap on SCV Sunday night. 96.5 to 96.0. BD is starting to kick it into overdrive and the show is cleaning up big time. BD seems to have gotten music analysis squared away, and the percussion is cleaning up at an alarming rate. SCV takes the Sanford no doubt next week, that's not even up for debate. If i am wrong i have no problem eating a huge helping of crow Sunday night. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am gonna get the business for saying this........but i think BD opens up the gap on SCV Sunday night. 96.5 to 96.0. BD is starting to kick it into overdrive and the show is cleaning up big time. BD seems to have gotten music analysis squared away, and the percussion is cleaning up at an alarming rate. SCV takes the Sanford no doubt next week, that's not even up for debate. If i am wrong i have no problem eating a huge helping of crow Sunday night. 

Chief, I agree with you.  That's kind of what I meant by sayimg my eyes and ears tell me that BD should win out from here.  That takes nothing away from anyone else.  As has been the case in recent years, there have been a number of championship-caliber shows that didn't garner the gold.  I would be very happy for SCV if they pull it out - which they still could.  But BD just seems to be on their own level right now.   It's astounding how they've accomplished doing so this year.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Chief, I agree with you.  That's kind of what I meant by sayimg my eyes and ears tell me that BD should win out from here.  That takes nothing away from anyone else.  As has been the case in recent years, there have been a number of championship-caliber shows that didn't garner the gold.  I would be very happy for SCV if they pull it out - which they still could.  But BD just seems to be on their own level right now.   It's astounding how they've accomplished doing so this year.  

This is my favorite SCV show of all time. I am so happy to see them back in title race. It's where they belong. But i just feel it's wrong place wrong time. They caught BD this year coming off a silver medal finish, kinda like Bloo gives us Tilt in 2014 but BD was on a war path taking home silver in 2013. That doesn't bode well for anyone in recent memory. Can SCV still catch BD? Of course they could!! But since Southeast last weekend, BD just seems...........energized. I think BD members are getting fueled by the east coast crowds. Normally in recent memory as BD travels farther east, the crowd reception gets less and less. Not this year. Crowds are showing BD alot of love coast to coast. And i believe the members are soaking it in and in return, they are performing their ***** off.

• Like 2

Time to BUMP this baby!   

Last head-to-head-to-head-to head...

Will that equal an SCV?????

I am sooooooooo EXCITED about shuffling off to Buffalo tomorrow!!!   I'll be there!!!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

This is my favorite SCV show of all time. I am so happy to see them back in title race. It's where they belong. But i just feel it's wrong place wrong time. They caught BD this year coming off a silver medal finish, kinda like Bloo gives us Tilt in 2014 but BD was on a war path taking home silver in 2013. That doesn't bode well for anyone in recent memory. Can SCV still catch BD? Of course they could!! But since Southeast last weekend, BD just seems...........energized. I think BD members are getting fueled by the east coast crowds. Normally in recent memory as BD travels farther east, the crowd reception gets less and less. Not this year. Crowds are showing BD alot of love coast to coast. And i believe the members are soaking it in and in return, they are performing their ***** off.

Something we finally disagree on.  This is a great SCV show but nowhere close to the Phantom of the Opera shows.  Those just pulled your heart in and wouldn't let go.  

Royer was a master at pulling the strings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeBD said:

Something we finally disagree on.  This is a great SCV show but nowhere close to the Phantom of the Opera shows.  Those just pulled your heart in and wouldn't let go.  

Royer was a master at pulling the strings.

I can respect that. I actually prefer 88 to 89 btw. Both legendary shows. 

• Like 2

Bluecoats were in the stadium all day and late into evening.  Buffalo tonight...Massillon tomorrow night...Coats have been really good at moving up during the last week the past few years.  I still think they'll be on medalist stand when all is said and done.

Fight like a champ to the end Bloo.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Bluecoats were in the stadium all day and late into evening.  Buffalo tonight...Massillon tomorrow night...Coats have been really good at moving up during the last week the past few years.  I still think they'll be on medalist stand when all is said and done.

Fight like a champ to the end Bloo.

I'm still hoarse from finals night 2014!

I got a feeling...

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 5