Big Brassy Brawl in Buffalo - August 6, 2017

24 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

From my seat at NightBeat (Crown's show), BD was the fan favorite.   At least a tie with Crown and Bloo.   There's more love this year for BD than any recent year I can remember.   It's actually nice to see.   

They were just loud as hell there. SCV got lots of love for having a bad performance time there, too.

27 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

From my seat at NightBeat (Crown's show), BD was the fan favorite.   At least a tie with Crown and Bloo.   There's more love this year for BD than any recent year I can remember.   It's actually nice to see.   

That is great to hear BD getting love. In your opinion, why do you think this year is different regarding BDs crowd response back east? 2014-16 was fan friendly BD shows. Why different this year?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That is great to hear BD getting love. In your opinion, why do you think this year is different regarding BDs crowd response back east? 2014-16 was fan friendly BD shows. Why different this year?

I think it's because there has been some legitimate competition at the top over the past few years.   Crown and Bluecoats have proven to be worthy competitors and the title has gone back and forth a few times.    

• Like 3

Just now, oldbandguy said:

Because BD started 2017 as an underdog :whistle:  Everyone loves the underdog :bluedevil:

LOL you rock! But i would disagree lol. But i know where you are going with this Mr. Bluecoat!

• Like 2

Just now, BoaDci said:

BD or SCV drops a 97 today.  Crazy, I know, but that's my prediction.  BD is debuting their new closer, and I think the GE scores are gonna skyrocket.

To my knowledge, whenever I've seen BD in Buffalo, their "new closer" is kind of a rough draft of the closer that will be used in Championships. So if the "new closer" is what I think it will be, then I don't think we'll see the final piece of it until Thursday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Because BD started 2017 as an underdog :whistle:  Everyone loves the underdog :bluedevil:

The defending champ has earned the right to be the favorite going into the next season. And Bloo earned that right with electric performance last year. And they are underscored this year in my opinion. However lol, until we see otherwise, when BD takes a silver, they are the favorite based off of what they have done to the competition since 2009. 

• Like 3

Judges for tonight:

GE 1: G. Oliviero

GE 2: K. Turner

VP: R. Solomon

VA: B. Kuhn

CG: D. Torchia

Brass: S. Calhoun

MA: T. Moddison

Perc: J. Davila

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

To my knowledge, whenever I've seen BD in Buffalo, their "new closer" is kind of a rough draft of the closer that will be used in Championships. So if the "new closer" is what I think it will be, then I don't think we'll see the final piece of it until Thursday.

After thinking about it, while i am dying to know how they are going to use the window, i kinda hope they wait till Thursday to unleash it. Or give us a peak at quarters and semi's and then unleash the real ending Saturday night. Wouldn't be the first time they waited till finals to give the real ending. Remember 2004 with the train leaving the station as the members caught everyone by surprise when they rushed off the field? Bad***.