Boston Crusaders 2018

My only knock on this years production and I won't be repeating myself...ditch the singer at the end...leave her playing on mello where she belongs...not everyone can sing like Aubrie last season...and IMO it kills the musical momentum that is built up to that point...why not use one of the opening singers instead?...or replace with a musical patch...I think even a deep male voice might be even better for Amazing Grace...

I'm sure i'll get heck for this comment...but I'm just saying how I personally feel about it...

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Liahona said:

My only knock on this years production and I won't be repeating myself...ditch the singer at the end...leave her playing on mello where she belongs...not everyone can sing like Aubrie last season...and IMO it kills the musical momentum that is built up to that point...why not use one of the opening singers instead?...or replace with a musical patch...I think even a deep male voice might be even better for Amazing Grace...

I'm sure i'll get heck for this comment...but I'm just saying how I personally feel about it...

Agreed

48 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Yes @Liahona. And, the headbands are gone...ty 

Enjoying your opinions,all .. Def. looking forward to the upcoming match-ups and program additions/changes.:dancin:

Edited by CorpwithanS

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Interesting comments. Haven’t gotten to see BAC live yet, just on video 

it’s going to be interesting to see how the corps line up when they are all together 

personally right now I’d put Boston in fifth ahead of Cavaliers

the gaps at the first regional will be telling 

the quality of Boston in all captions will help them late season imo, particularly the guard 

Cadets look and sound great, George. Happy for the kids and staff/alums. :thumbup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

"Where she belongs"?!?!

That young lady is an awesomely talented all-around musician. She belongs wherever her talents are needed! Oh, and she IS one of the opening singers.

Of course, I may be a little biased, as her mom's a dear friend of mine :sigh: .

Not personally attacking your opinion- I do see your point, just don't happen to agree with it, is all. I think a woman's voice is the perfect choice there, and helps the musical climax beautifully.

So there's some heck for you to catch :bleah:.

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

"Where she belongs"?!?!

That young lady is an awesomely talented all-around musician. She belongs wherever her talents are needed! Oh, and she IS one of the opening singers.

Of course, I may be a little biased, as her mom's a dear friend of mine :sigh: .

Not personally attacking your opinion- I do see your point, just don't happen to agree with it, is all. I think a woman's voice is the perfect choice there, and helps the musical climax beautifully.

So there's some heck for you to catch :bleah:.

I'm on record of not being a fan of singing in drumcorps. 

Perhaps my phrase that you picked up on was a poor choice of words...I said where belongs because mello's are just so wonderful and outstanding...did not intend to offend her talent-wise...

A woman's voice is fine I suppose...just not a fan, here of well hers...but that doesn't mean she isn't a super all around great musician...perhaps many folks love her voice...so its ok IMO that we disagree here...she is just not my personal taste for that glorious moment in the show...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm on record of not being a fan of singing in drumcorps. 

FWIW, neither am I, but, as reluctant as I am to admit it, I think both BAC and Cadets are doing great things with vocals this summer. 

And please don't think I was offended at your expression of your opinion! Besides, you're right about mellos- We ARE wonderful, aren't we :tongue: ?

Heck, that moment in the show might work for me specifically BECAUSE I know the young lady!

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

Respectfully disagree Liahona. Nothing wrong here and it works fine. Don't screw with what ain't screwed up.

2 hours ago, pbeau said:

Respectfully disagree Liahona. Nothing wrong here and it works fine. Don't screw with what ain't screwed up.

That's fine...it was just my personal taste...no one in the know would even consider to listen to my thoughts anyway...lol

Maybe the DCI community loves it...besides you are probably right...don't screw with what ain't screwed up

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1