Boston Crusaders 2018

11 minutes ago, craiga said:

If I recall, at one point last July BAC's guard came in 9th or 10th at a regional.  They didn't water a thing...just dug deep and busted their butts in rehearsal.  Ended up getting 3rd in prelims. Then 3rd in semis. Then 3rd in FINALS.  (three different judges, three different nights).  I am not concerned at all with BAC's guard.  They (and their AMAZING staff) fully expect to eclipse last year's placement.  They will most likely succeed.  the 2018 BACCG is even better than last year!

Yes digging in with a complex book and succeeding will warrant a successful outcome. Better than last year at the top level and they are doesn't always mean moving up, sometimes maintaining is a success at the highest level. With BACs talent level and drive, I have no doubt they can achieve the level they strive for. Actually, they kinda have already. Now it's just up to a panel and others around them ( other corps ) which will decide an outcome. They just need to keep doing what they are, It's working

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Yes digging in with a complex book and succeeding will warrant a successful outcome. Better than last year at the top level and they are doesn't always mean moving up, sometimes maintaining is a success at the highest level. With BACs talent level and drive, I have no doubt they can achieve the level they strive for. Actually, they kinda have already. Now it's just up to a panel and others around them ( other corps ) which will decide an outcome. They just need to keep doing what they are, It's working

I’m expecting them to make a jump over a corps very soon. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m expecting them to make a jump over a corps very soon. 

that 4, 5 , 6 maybe even 7 this year is a monster with wild cards in there. Bac can do it easily. I agree and I think I know who you are referring to..lol.With that said at that top level which now includes more than the top 3 it's not just about what you do but also about what others don't. We'll see

• Like 2

22 hours ago, newBACmom said:

It was announced today that Colin McNutt and Iain Moyer are going to be working with Infinity Percussion (Orlando, FL) this coming WGI season.  As a current MM of BAC and a four-year vet of Infinity, my son is ECSTATIC!! 

Fun aside:  A couple of years ago, my son and I went to The Cadets practice site in Tennessee before the Nashville show.  Colin McNutt was hassling the snare line and my son was amused by it, but also expressed how much he would love to march on a Colin McNutt line some day.  Fast forward to this audition season, and he actually got a Facebook message from Mr. McNutt himself, prior to the January audition camp.  My son sent me a screen shot of the message and told me that he had to admit, he was giddy and "fan-boying" over the message.  He couldn't believe it when that message popped up!  It was definitely a "pinch yourself" moment for him. 

He's definitely enjoying his summer with BAC.  I'll be heading out on tour with the corps on Sunday.  I have to say I'm a little worried about it -- sleeping on the bus, and all that jazz -- but so looking forward to watching my son's experience.

Safe and fun travels. Best to you all!

"Eat 'em Up, Boston!"

For you drumline BAM's ..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXFT38SfkVM

Edited by CorpwithanS
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, newBACmom said:

I have to say I'm a little worried about it -- sleeping on the bus, and all that jazz -- but so looking forward to watching my son's experience.

Hope you've been sleeping on the recliner if you have one or in the car with the seat back a little using a pillow up against the window.  Don't forget the OTC sleep aide.  If that doesn't work, don't worry, you'll probably be so tired, falling asleep will be easy.

21 hours ago, newBACmom said:

It was announced today that Colin McNutt and Iain Moyer are going to be working with Infinity Percussion (Orlando, FL) this coming WGI season.  As a current MM of BAC and a four-year vet of Infinity, my son is ECSTATIC!! 

Fun aside:  A couple of years ago, my son and I went to The Cadets practice site in Tennessee before the Nashville show.  Colin McNutt was hassling the snare line and my son was amused by it, but also expressed how much he would love to march on a Colin McNutt line some day.  Fast forward to this audition season, and he actually got a Facebook message from Mr. McNutt himself, prior to the January audition camp.  My son sent me a screen shot of the message and told me that he had to admit, he was giddy and "fan-boying" over the message.  He couldn't believe it when that message popped up!  It was definitely a "pinch yourself" moment for him. 

He's definitely enjoying his summer with BAC.  I'll be heading out on tour with the corps on Sunday.  I have to say I'm a little worried about it -- sleeping on the bus, and all that jazz -- but so looking forward to watching my son's experience.

Thank you for volunteering.  Jim did it for a few years but he’s getting a little too old for 16 days on the road.  He’s doing a little four day mini tour with Cincinnati Tradition this year but that’s it. 

All the good works make tour better for the kids.  And that’s what we all want.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hope you've been sleeping on the recliner if you have one or in the car with the seat back a little using a pillow up against the window.  Don't forget the OTC sleep aide.  If that doesn't work, don't worry, you'll probably be so tired, falling asleep will be easy.

Well, we have sleeper buses, so there's that . . . and definitely have the OTC sleep aide packed!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thank you for volunteering.  Jim did it for a few years but he’s getting a little too old for 16 days on the road.  He’s doing a little four day mini tour with Cincinnati Tradition this year but that’s it. 

All the good works make tour better for the kids.  And that’s what we all want.  

I think I'm too old for it, too, but we shall see!  LOL!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, newBACmom said:

I think I'm too old for it, too, but we shall see!  LOL!

If you're who I think you are, your son is a first year member in a section of 5..the other four being all vets.  They speak highly of him.  Hope he is having a great summer!

• Like 1