Boston will be today at...

West Milford HS
67 Highlander Dr.
West Milford, NJ 07480

Ensemble is from 2:00-4:00 today

Have fun and best to all!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Liahona said:

My only knock on this years production and I won't be repeating myself...ditch the singer at the end...leave her playing on mello where she belongs...not everyone can sing like Aubrie last season...and IMO it kills the musical momentum that is built up to that point...why not use one of the opening singers instead?...or replace with a musical patch...I think even a deep male voice might be even better for Amazing Grace...

I'm sure i'll get heck for this comment...but I'm just saying how I personally feel about it...

I agree.  Even the most talented of singers can kill a potentially great musical moment.  I'm not saying that that is happening in Boston's program, but it doesn't add anything so it's basically an unnecessary distraction from a really great show.

It worked for Boston last year, but not this season.

Edited by bluesman
spelling

1 hour ago, bluesman said:

I'm not saying that that is happening in Boston's program, but it doesn't add anything so it's basically an unnecessary distraction from a really great show.

It worked for Boston last year, but not this season.

Have corps in the past, especially this early in the season,  not used a mm soloist in order to see how the judges reacted, especially after they know the soloist has been used previously?  (Hey, I'm Catholic, some of us are used to reading/writing long sentences.)

Is anyone else surprised/confused by the head to head percussion placements after the 4 northeast shows this week? It was basically the same corps, slight variation in order and crown skipped the RI show. Maybe I’m just over analyzing a small time frame.  (*Note:I also recognize that the partial judge panel at one show impacts things).  Throw out scores since we know that is all relative but this is just placements: 

Boston guard placements:  2, 2, 2, 2, 

Boston percussion placements: 2, 3, 1, 4

Boston brass placements: 3, 3, 2*, 3

Boston GE: 3, 3, 2*, 3

Brass* and GE moved up when crown was missing.  What’s going on with percussion placements? And is BC guard so much better than Boston’s? Half a point is a big spread in guard right now considering they were both top 3 guards last year. 

Like I said, I’m over analyzing the recaps because I could only be at the Lawrence show and flo is on vacation!! 

This T will be available as a Boston souvie in a couple of weeks. I think i know who the silhouette guy depicted on the T here is.... haha!

No automatic alt text available.

• Like 5

It was announced today that Colin McNutt and Iain Moyer are going to be working with Infinity Percussion (Orlando, FL) this coming WGI season.  As a current MM of BAC and a four-year vet of Infinity, my son is ECSTATIC!! 

Fun aside:  A couple of years ago, my son and I went to The Cadets practice site in Tennessee before the Nashville show.  Colin McNutt was hassling the snare line and my son was amused by it, but also expressed how much he would love to march on a Colin McNutt line some day.  Fast forward to this audition season, and he actually got a Facebook message from Mr. McNutt himself, prior to the January audition camp.  My son sent me a screen shot of the message and told me that he had to admit, he was giddy and "fan-boying" over the message.  He couldn't believe it when that message popped up!  It was definitely a "pinch yourself" moment for him. 

He's definitely enjoying his summer with BAC.  I'll be heading out on tour with the corps on Sunday.  I have to say I'm a little worried about it -- sleeping on the bus, and all that jazz -- but so looking forward to watching my son's experience.

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This T will be available as a Boston souvie in a couple of weeks. I think i know who the silhouette guy depicted on the T here is.... haha!

No automatic alt text available.

Please don't be joking, because I MUST have one of these shirts for my son!  Seriously - he would probably wear this shirt out!  ...hmm...maybe I'll need more than one!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Please don't be joking, because I MUST have one of these shirts for my son!  Seriously - he would probably wear this shirt out!  ...hmm...maybe I'll need more than one!

. Its reportedly available for shipping/ purchase on or around July 18th, DCIat14.