Blue Devils 2018

This year I don't want to know much like last year before the premiere of the first show, except for the theme and music when announced. I want that first impact hearing and seeing the show for the first time. So any leaks of rehearsal music recording and overall rehearsal run through I will stay away from but I'll read whatever is shared here or anywhere else and definitely whatever they put out on their website and social media.

On 3/1/2018 at 8:12 AM, 84BDsop said:

Thanks....aside from my own center -- Robb Sirat -- I don't know who the centers have been.

In regards to the original premise of your inquiry: I think it totally depends on how you measure the criteria.

Take Nicholas Arce for example.  Arce started in 2009 on quads, and played in the Q5 until 2012 when he marched his age-out year as center snare and drum captain.  So, in his first two seasons with Devs he went undefeated twice (2009, 2010) and also won the Sanford once (2009, coincidentally also undefeated within the caption).  Arce also won the quad I&E in 2009.  Obviously the quad I&E is not the snare I&E, but he is the only quad player to end up marching as a snare let alone snare captain as far as I know.  I would argue that he indirectly meets the criteria of your question if you expand the categories/criteria you are using.  He also would have met all but the last criteria (becoming center snare) in his rookie season with Devs before he ever was a part of The Wall.

One other candidate that came close but does not outright qualify is Casey Brohard.  Casey marched 2002-2006, so he would have accomplished a victory in 2003.  Casey won a snare I&E title in 2005, and was also center snare 2005-2006.  Casey just never got the Sanford.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. Devils thread always so quiet until spring training. Where are the reporters ? Lol.

Edited by theonlyfizzle

...have to say -

Kudos to BDPA for handling current issues in a world-class manor - proactively.  I know, what a concept.

Letter from Rosa Lee Harden is top notch.

On the performance side, I'm looking forward to seeing the drum line.  I just think it's cool that Brandon had a dream to march BD, and now is center snare.

• Like 3

I love it how others TRY and tell them HOW to perform. They don't need the advice.... thank you very much. Their legacy speaks volumes. The only question is how other corps can stack up to their level. Plain and simple.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, c mor said:

...have to say -

Kudos to BDPA for handling current issues in a world-class manor - proactively.  I know, what a concept.

Letter from Rosa Lee Harden is top notch.

On the performance side, I'm looking forward to seeing the drum line.  I just think it's cool that Brandon had a dream to march BD, and now is center snare.

Yeah. It should be another steller year for the drumline. I just want to see them winning brass this year and take back color guard caption award. I am hopefull for something new we never see, believing last year show was not a one off but is the significant show to usher in a new eara for BD. I really and truly want them to keep on the musical pathways they've trodden Ballad wise, for the last few years and last year musically driven show with the concept. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, afd said:

I love it how others TRY and tell them HOW to perform. They don't need the advice.... thank you very much. Their legacy speaks volumes. The only question is how other corps can stack up to their level. Plain and simple.

It's like old news now, a classic that never shine with so many criticism telling them how to perform. Like can you say to the standard how to be the standard ? how can you keep telling an overwhelming successful dynasty how to be king in its domain, dominating with excellence and perfection in whatever theme they chose. BD have a well rounded organization that is a head of itself and just keep on coming at you. The day we see all that going and start getting old and they losing that quality in the organization to the point it start affecting the shows they do and performance they give is dropping below, then we can start worrying and give our own critical opinions in telling them how to perform.  Its very clear when they step out on the field who they are

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, c mor said:

I just think it's cool that Brandon had a dream to march BD, and now is center snare.

Glad to hear he's apparently healthy enough to return for this season after a season off... and returning at center snare  to boot.. Good for him !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

RCC, BD’s indoor percussion affiliate, won the WGI Percussion Independent World title last night (their third since 2012) with their show “Listen.” Congrats to them!

• Like 4

I know quite a bit of inside scoop for BD this year, and this is going to be a WAY better show than last year, musically. It’s crazy how much these top corps outdo each other every year and do even CRAZIER stuff the next year to maintain status... BD is going to do it effortlessly. Musically, get excited. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1