Why don't you care about the content of the shows?

Why do you care that simpleton meat puppets obviously don't care about the content of shows?

That's where shows are one and lost.

One? Won? Wan?

• Like 3

Be honest do you even know what the Mr maps sample text is in the bluecoats show?

Yes. I've been a fan of The Books' work for nearly 10 years ($1.00 to Cadets). What you're saying still has little bearing to reality, even though I wish they had used more of the work, including more of the sampled speaking. You need to open your mind from the constructs you've put in place, and realize that their theme is consistent and has a clear beginning, middle, and end that is told through through stylistic continuity and ongoing visual themes (running man, et al). Get out of your box. It's obviously only causing you frustration.

When you use the word "song" it's an indication that you haven't even made the very most basic distinction between pop vocal music and symphonic music. You're really not grasping the very most basic development in this activity. Drum corps shows now feature cohesive themes with depth and resonance like the other legitimate fine arts.

The ghost of Franz Schubert would like you to explain to him why the song is not to be considered a work of fine art.

• Like 3

Nothing personal, but that sounds like the design of a high school band trying to overachieve. Even BOA bands aren't as obtuse in their programming.

By the way, this is drum corps we are talking about, right?

Yes or no, have you read Dante's Inferno? If not, you are completely out of your league. You are not grasping the very most basic development and drum corps design, and that is theme.

Here's the thing: we know from experience that when you ask that question and someone answers in the affirmative, you ignore that reply.

• Like 3

All of this talk the last few pages is making me remember why I started in on this activity in the first place. I came across the Blue Devils on PBS while just a young pup in high school marching band. I really liked that they were playing some cool music, and doing so with a lot of swagger.

Fast forward to 2015, that's still basically what I really like about the activity. That's why I like Bloo's show this year, and most of the past 10. Great music, played well -- I don't remember too much else that really matters to me. And believe me -- I can go pretty deep when it comes to all manner of artistic pursuits. I just don't much care about any of that when it comes to this activity. (In that frame of reference, I'm also digging Cadets this year -- run and gun, baby!)

• Like 2

Canton wins DCI or riot. :cool:

High Brass Caption too. Dean is making magic happen again as only a genius can.

If you havent heard 'em on YT yet....do that. Hit a show if ur w/in 500 mile driving distance, would if I was.....

100 percent chance they take "High Audience" ....as for things we can't control, I only see one way they DONT get their 1st ring.

Only one because - Crown proved the club is still open...but it's whatever .... BC's gonna shoot the lights out at DCI and that's going to be a historic moment. I'm not going to touch on design or if "it works" or "has cohesion" or whatver This is the kind of corps that may re-write, revoice, toss the drill and start from scratch for an entire production or two. The kids are at the level they can memorize new parts and learn new drill - insta-clean on the fly--- same-day delivery. These guys are probably on show version 1000 by now ....by DCI they'll be pushing two. Could Make a huge change DAY OF finals, why not? It's been done, it's doable. So I think design will be a better topic POST-Nats. If you are counting them out due to design cuz "the show is done," you don't know the heavies working behind the scenes. I promise you this show ain't done till downbeat on Game Night. Then we'll pick it apart with tweezers. amirite?

Yes I can hear the technical problems still, which is troubling, still I think they can get the feet out the sound and cure all the release & phase issues - I'm hearing far worse from corps that in the past were miles ahead of them. Worst case - you can always pull out the hose for degree-of-difficulty for drill or music - it won't come to that. They're primed to peak at finals and that's really what counts. Think of the corps that lost who indisputably peaked on Saturday Night; 87 Vanguard, 1990 Star (4th!) 92 BD, 93 Star...95 Madison....for you old-school cats 1980 Big 27, 1980 Bridgemen for that matter, feelin' me on this?

BC's won over countless new fans, from the casual, the snobby hacks like me, to the legit right up to the legendary. Well-deserved, hard-fought and won.

COPS:INDIANAPOLIS put it on Fox, I wanna see Garfield get zip tied. On behalf of all SoCal hacks I cast our vote for BC I'm all in--- agree w/ me or dont. It's the right thing to do. I might even donate a tank of diesel to this.

Huge shout out to Canton Ohio....Huge shout out directly from Los Angeles. This corps is doing right by all of us, the activity, themselves, keepin' it real ....keeping drum corps smart, tough and hip. I can only think of 3 other corps going way out their way and taking risks with audience-tailored shows -a healthy mix of class, style, fresh ideas, tradition and talent at all levels. They're doin' it old-school with the Gansta-lean....and DCP we need to get behind that. GO BlueCoats!

I CAN DIG THE HYPE! :w00t:

• Like 3

Still some new stuff to come for Bloo :-)

:babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies::babies:

IMO this show is just a few little things away from being just as special as last year. It just needs a little more to push it over the edge. HOPING THIS IS IT!!! It ain't over yet. :w00t:

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I can't explain how excited I am to see this show come finals!!!!! Just clean a few spots that need it and add in those last few details and the corps will soar!!! KEEP ON GOING BLOO!!!!!!

• Like 1