1. 1. Will Magic be back in 2008?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can always hope.

Question about Magic: I really haven't seen any of their stuff, so what's their style? What sort of music do they play?

Question about Magic: I really haven't seen any of their stuff, so what's their style? What sort of music do they play?

Magic's Music Choices

I don't pretend to know the enormity of having to raise funds for a corps... BUT... it just seems that Magic being located in a touristy area like Orlando would be a natural fit for raising funds for a musical group.

What about Magic sponsored by Universal Studios. They could always work a tune from a Universal movie into the show.

I thought Magic's shows in the mid to late 90s were great. They definitely had their own style. 02 and 03 were great as well in their own way. Universal Magic or Disney Magic is better than no Magic at all...

I remember seeing Magic of Orlando in 2002, when they were cleaning up on Division II, and were going to be a major force in years to come. That was the year that Magic, Capital Regiment, and the Mandarins all moved up to Division I. Today, Magic of Orlando is gone for a litany of reasons, Capital Regiment is inactive for not feeding their kids enough, and only the Mandarins, whom I had liked but was skeptical of their organizational ability to hang up top, have continued to hang around Division I, albeit near the cusp of semifinals. I guess the 2002 expansion was too much, too soon. And to think how excited I was (and I'm sure you were too!) of Division I increasing by three.

Edited by The Nagging Cough!

Hmm...interesting.

I have Danse Animale on CD. I bought it for a dollar. It was pretty good. It was also a dollar, so that was pretty nice. You generally don't find good music for a buck, unless you use the Internet to get unlimited music for free, but I would never advocate that.

I really hope Magic finds its way back onto the field next season. They were a really fun corps to watch, and were kind of different from most other corps in their style.

I can't believe being the only DI corps in Florida, they can't find a better way to get finances. I agree, that any type of affiliation to Disney, or the Space Center, or anything that might help them get back on the field would be awesome. I also can't believe Disney wouldn't want that kind of positive advertising/publicity that a corps could bring them. And didn't Disney have something to do with DCI when the finals were held there, like a sponsorship or something?

Now on the field, from Orlando Florida, the Disney Magic.....actually could have a nice ring to it