Atlanta Show thread

Funny i really like the narration. This is probably one of the best show concepts in the 2000's

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that person (or you) should let Glass know he needs to branch out more. Or write a bunch of stuff that's less self-referencing. Minimalism gets that a lot...that it all sounds the same. I don't think you can blame PR for sounding like they are playing Glass (and yeah, SCV played Glass, too...so I guess it's off the table forever?)

From my perspective, 1000 doesn't sound a thing like Canyon. Have you heard the original versions?

It has a little similarity, the build-up beat is sounds awfully close, though obviously the rest of the pieces are quite different. As for Glass, he completely changed his style. Many of his works sound strikingly different, I think this is a case where simply listening to drum corps adaptations, and the very few tunes selected by corps, limit what we as an audience know of the actual artist.

I wonder were Hroth is right now. He's at the show, but does anyone actually think he's watching right now? :P

He's probably running his mouth to everyone in his section who can hear him about his normal Cadets bs.

edit-spelling

Edited by MJN

love cavies this year back to drum corps!

ACK! Musically and visually beautiful. Vocally - OMG couldn't Hopkins pay for some acting lessons at least? Sheesh if you insist on forcing us to hear this juvenile narration than at least make it sound interesting.

Why cant this narration be on the right channel and the music be on the left channel so I can turn off the right channel?

Are the narrators in the horn line, cause they always sound out of breath, good grief.

"in high school I didn't seem to fit in..." Hopkins we get it already.

I saw a horn player with a mic on, so some of the narration must be from the hornline themselves.