ATTENTION: Academy Honks

He/She's a fanboy... of what.. I do not know.

This is their first year in Division I... Perhaps they don't have enough funds to do a full national tour, which is okay. I just hope they don't fold as a corps because they are excellent.

Since money seems like no object to you, why don't you go fly out and see the corps for yourself?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day.

PRESUMES ALL THE "KIDS" ARE FROM TEMPE. I PERSONALLY KNOW A LOT OF THE KIDS ARE FROM OUT OF AREA, CRASHING ON SOMEONE'S FLOOR AND WAITING IN LINE TO USE A BATHROOM/SHOWER.

:lol: Amen, bro. I think we know some of the same kids!! b**bs

As costs become more prohibitive for significant numbers of tour dates, Don't be surprised to see touring as we know it change to something similar to this for most if not all division 1 corps.

I hope you are right, but it would need more competition opportunities within the regions for all divisions. I'd love to see it come about. Sounds kinda pre-DCI-ish, doesn't it? Academy may be on to something long-term here.

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

We get it, you're good. I congratulate the members and staff for all their work. But keep in mind that almost every other corps has been on tour, away from home for about five weeks straight. They have been battling lack of sleep, upset schedules, bus problems, bug bites, hard floors, dirty laundry and everything else a life on the road brings with it. The highlight of the week is a Wal-Mart stop.

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day. Yes, I understand the money thing, the need for a limited tour and the fact that you didn't write the rules... you only used them to your benefit (as you should have). But please keep in mind that the luxuries you enjoy today have not, and will never be enjoyed by the other full touring corps. So maybe you could tone it down a little bit.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

This is really funny. The Academy hasn't for the most part really beaten anybody yet. Not that they aren't going to but just not yet. And to see someone post such paranoia and whinning is comical The truth is they are really good and have done it in a really short period of time comparatively. ROCK ON Academy! Kick butts and take names. That's the spirit of drum corps!

First it's that they won't be able to compete because of inactivity. Then it's they aren't doing enough? The poster sounds really jealous that his/her corps puts itself through a grinder and will still get beaten by the newcomer. WAA! WAA! WAA!

All things being equal, Pacific Crest has been up against everyone else and Academy beat them by 3.55 last night and 2.85 the night before. Average that to 3.20. That puts them in 11th place at this point and they are only getting stronger.

Looks like there will be a new voting member to me.

Edited by AnaheimAlumni

He/She's a fanboy... of what.. I do not know.

This is their first year in Division I... Perhaps they don't have enough funds to do a full national tour,

At one point I thought you had said "Perhaps they don't have enough fan to do a full national tour". After some thought, I decided that would make more since that the OP.

There certainly have been some classy posts lately, haven't there? I think the Academy not doing a full tour right now is the best thing for them so they can appropriately grow in a financial respect so they can be a force in the long term. I think they're being very smart and they're building a great thing. Yeah, I still haven't seen them, but I absolutely adore what I've heard. Sheridan and Pilafian's brass arrangements are like nothing I've ever heard. I had the opportunity to share the APD of their 2007 program with two of my friends last night (tuba players that love those two guys) and after hearing it, they very seriously seriously looked at me and said, "I think I know where we're going to march next year."

Best of luck to the Academy this season. You definitely have some fans in the Southeast and you haven't even been here yet!

There certainly have been some classy posts lately, haven't there? I think the Academy not doing a full tour right now is the best thing for them so they can appropriately grow in a financial respect so they can be a force in the long term. I think they're being very smart and they're building a great thing. Yeah, I still haven't seen them, but I absolutely adore what I've heard. Sheridan and Pilafian's brass arrangements are like nothing I've ever heard. I had the opportunity to share the APD of their 2007 program with two of my friends last night (tuba players that love those two guys) and after hearing it, they very seriously seriously looked at me and said, "I think I know where we're going to march next year."

Best of luck to the Academy this season. You definitely have some fans in the Southeast and you haven't even been here yet!

You know, thanks for mentioning them. Nothing taken away from Mark or staff, but my son loves these guys and the way he is being taught to produce better music. We all should sign up for a membership in "The Breathing Gym" lol

Academy will let their show do the talking when it counts. I only saw them once at their first performance. If that was any indication of what is to come, they will speak very loudly indeed and might even blow your face off.

What difference does it make how many or how few performances they do? They are either good or they're not. So far, they're looking pretty darn good to me.

Honk twice if you love Academy!

HONK! HONK!

Edited by MarimbasaurusRex

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

We get it, you're good. I congratulate the members and staff for all their work. But keep in mind that almost every other corps has been on tour, away from home for about five weeks straight. They have been battling lack of sleep, upset schedules, bus problems, bug bites, hard floors, dirty laundry and everything else a life on the road brings with it. The highlight of the week is a Wal-Mart stop.

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day. Yes, I understand the money thing, the need for a limited tour and the fact that you didn't write the rules... you only used them to your benefit (as you should have). But please keep in mind that the luxuries you enjoy today have not, and will never be enjoyed by the other full touring corps. So maybe you could tone it down a little bit.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

Shut up is a bit strong but you do make very valid points.