ATTENTION: Academy Honks

P.S.

I want to apologize for using the words, "shut up" in my first post. That wasn't nice, I shouldn't have said that. If it makes you feel any better, my wife reamed me out pretty good for saying it.

And I also want to apologize for leaving out the Seattle Cascades as western finalists. The Cascades are a very fine corps, of which I have enjoyed many of their shows. My wife let me have it for this blunder too.

Maybe next time I should let HER do the posting!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A posting on page 1 addressed the rules.

Well, you'll have to point it out, because I don't see it. What is this "rule" you seem to think Academy isn't following?

By the way, there is no "rule" requiring any corps to tour for eight weeks. For that matter, whatever the Mandarins have been doing (they generally join the tour at San Antonio) has qualified as "full tour" status with DCI all along. Seeing how Academy is joining the tour at San Antonio as well, that should also qualify.

I'm a little torn on this issue. It is my understanding that The Academy are playing by the rules so to speak. I'm not too sure if i agree of their performance time in San Antonio. IMHO they should go on first because they didn't attend Allentown or Altanta and, if i am not mistaken, those shows' results are how DCI does the draw for San Antonio.

I'm a little torn on this issue. It is my understanding that The Academy are playing by the rules so to speak. I'm not too sure if i agree of their performance time in San Antonio. IMHO they should go on first because they didn't attend Allentown or Altanta and, if i am not mistaken, those shows' results are how DCI does the draw for San Antonio.

I agree with you in principle (especially this is how Blue Stars were treated last year), but I actually think it is more fair to have them compete with corps that are essentially their direct competitors. To force them to go on first puts them at a competitive disadvantage that simply is not fair. It wasn't fair last year, but that's in the past, so there is no use whining about it.

and wait for the ENTIRE season to play out before you annoint yourself World Champions.

:rolleyes: when did anyone claim they would win this year? they are Div II world champions, yes... but that was last year and this is this year and i doubt anyone said they would win the championship this year. i'm a honkhomer for them, yes, but even i can say that's not realistic without even thinking twice about it.

it will always be with an asterisk (for those of you on the west coast, it's one of these things *),

honestly, insulting our intelligence with these types of comments don't help your points be heard...

Anyone who would rag on a Division I corps (not pointing fingers here) for doing a regional tour (the concept created by the DCI BOD for reasons of allowing corps to not over-extend themselves) that they can AFFORD might also rag on the same corps had they not moved into Divison I—for not moving up and creaming the other corps in the class. Some corps can't "win" in the opinion of some fans.

A good thing for Academy is that they're good enough that some people get bent over this. If they weren't, no one would care.

And we've still got almost four weeks to go?

I was bored and all this Academy Honks stuff thats going on give me a good laugh, So i figured I'd make this...lol

f_honkm_e697bc2.jpg

Proudly stolen! :)

P.S.

I want to apologize for using the words, "shut up" in my first post. That wasn't nice, I shouldn't have said that. If it makes you feel any better, my wife reamed me out pretty good for saying it.

And I also want to apologize for leaving out the Seattle Cascades as western finalists. The Cascades are a very fine corps, of which I have enjoyed many of their shows. My wife let me have it for this blunder too.

Maybe next time I should let HER do the posting!

Boys, it sounds like he got it worse than we could have given him the business. :rolleyes:

Anyone who would rag on a Division I corps (not pointing fingers here) for doing a regional tour (the concept created by the DCI BOD for reasons of allowing corps to not over-extend themselves) that they can AFFORD might also rag on the same corps had they not moved into Divison I—for not moving up and creaming the other corps in the class. Some corps can't "win" in the opinion of some fans.

A good thing for Academy is that they're good enough that some people get bent over this. If they weren't, no one would care.

And we've still got almost four weeks to go?

And imagine next years finger pointing if a corps had undertaken a full tour and then gone inactive because they over extended.

Guess I spent too many years in corps with short pockets, I think too much about the $$$$ side of corps....

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Topics were merged.

Read Post # 78.