ATTENTION: Academy Honks

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

We get it, you're good. I congratulate the members and staff for all their work. But keep in mind that almost every other corps has been on tour, away from home for about five weeks straight. They have been battling lack of sleep, upset schedules, bus problems, bug bites, hard floors, dirty laundry and everything else a life on the road brings with it. The highlight of the week is a Wal-Mart stop.

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day. Yes, I understand the money thing, the need for a limited tour and the fact that you didn't write the rules... you only used them to your benefit (as you should have). But please keep in mind that the luxuries you enjoy today have not, and will never be enjoyed by the other full touring corps. So maybe you could tone it down a little bit.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

76? Would you like some cheese with your whine?

As costs become more prohibitive for significant numbers of tour dates, Don't be surprised to see touring as we know it change to something similar to this for most if not all division 1 corps.

All I can say is we shall see in San Antonio on the 21st where ACademy stands, and if they are in the top 12 captain borg, then so be it.

May the best teams win.

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

Gee 76...you wake up on the wrong side of life today?

I have never seen an uglier post than yours. Hope you're happy. Good job dude.

BTW, can you provide the links to all of the threads created by members of The Academy that have caused you to have this ugly tantrum on line. I'm curious as to where they are. I haven't seen them. Nope. Sure haven't. Ya know, what I DID see though was pretty clearly spelled out up in the review section of the Long Beach show. Why don't you go on over there and check it out.

And then you yourself...pipe down. I'm sorry but you're hitting a major nerve with me by what you're insinuating, and it's UNCALLED for.

Yeah, I'd like to see some of the Academy hype to which you infer.

From what I saw at retreat last year, they're a real class act and can't wait to see them perform in Pasadena.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

Great why don't you report back here once you've seem them. Then perhaps it will be ok for folks to talk about them. :worthy::ph34r::rock:

I think most fans will appreciate them for what they see on the field rather than hold petty grudges because they don't feel The Academy worked hard enough during the summer.

Great why don't you report back here once you've seem them. Then perhaps it will be ok for folks to talk about them. :worthy::ph34r::rock:

I think most fans will appreciate them for what they see on the field rather than hold petty grudges because they don't feel The Academy worked hard enough during the summer.

It just KILLS me that the OP says that rest of the drum corps community WON'T embrace them. How can you NOT embrace a group of 135 ###-busting, hard working, respectful, talented and dedicated youth that OBVIOUSLY--withOUT any hype from ANYONE--have a GREAT show!???? HOW?!?!?!

You can't. You can't help BUT embrace them.

Ya know why?

Because GREAT....IS GREAT!! Period.

It just KILLS me that the OP says that rest of the drum corps community WON'T embrace them. How can you NOT embrace a group of 135 ###-busting, hard working, respectful, talented and dedicated youth that OBVIOUSLY--withOUT any hype from ANYONE--have a GREAT show!???? HOW?!?!?!

Because that's what some DCPers do. They would rather sit back and bash X corps they don't like instead of celebrate Y corps they love. It makes no sense to me either.

I'm not "hyping" on Academy. I've never seen them. But dear god this thread sucks.

I don't remember Pacific Crest catching THIS much flack from DCP when they were still doing the regional thing.

I guess maybe because they weren't threatening to make finals like Academy is now? Kind of sad.