ATTENTION: Academy Honks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But DCI isn't a marathon, is it? Nor has it ever said it was. Unless you can point somewhere in the rule book that it says differently.

:rolleyes::beer:

A posting on page 1 addressed the rules.

As I have said before Best of Luck to Academy, score 110, have a great summer.

Perhaps Academy fans and members can redirect all the hype toward fund raising so they can become an accepted full participant Div 1 member.

what about the groups that come out later in the season.... you don't like them either then i take it?

Wow, 70s and 80s DCA flashbacks......

1973 Syracuse Brigadiers only came out for DCA Prelims (missing Finals by .05)

1974 Westshoremen did first competition week before DCA

1975 Rochester Phoenix were brand new and were not in any DCA shows. They kicked the crap out of the smaller Sr circuit and came on 5th at Finals (4th at Prelims)

1984 Westshoremen only came out for DCA Prelims (16th)

In the last few years, Inspires, Renegades and some small non-NE Class A corps have made DCA Prelims their first DCA show of the year.

So what's my point.... Beats me, I can't figure out the problem with not competing all season. And if it's money related, more power to 'em for staying home to keep the corps alive.

Been to Arizona in June and July lately?

Might not be the advantage you think!!!

Oh snap.

Perhaps Academy fans and members can redirect all the hype toward fund raising so they can become an accepted full participant Div 1 member.

Sorry to break up your little waa waa baby party, but they ARE an "accepted full participant Div 1 member."

What is your problem?

I mean really, what difference does it make how many shows a corps performs in? How can that possibly impact anyone's enjoyment of them?

And, are we to assume that the fact that there are possibly 30 or more open class corps who have folded who possibly could have continued on longer had they not forced themselves to tour beyond their means year after year is something that pleases you?

And, if you don't enjoy the activity enough that you cannot help but obsess with the minutia of management decisions made by organizations that you have absolutely no connection to, why do you even bother coming to a web location such as this?

Look up, that was my point flying over your head.

No, no, I perfectly understand. Your childish retort not withstanding, you should not judge the financial situation of an organization devoted towards music education of young adults unless you are either A: willling to do something about it...or B: an investor that is upset with the results of their investment.

I'm pretty sure that you are neither.

And by the way...there are only a few people that do not accept them in division 1. I'm pretty sure they would be more accepting if Academy was in 20th place or lower and you pittied them.

Want to know why I'm pushing for AA (and PC, for that matter) so hard? I think two of the corps in my signature say it best.

Want to know why I'm pushing for AA (and PC, for that matter) so hard? I think two of the corps in my signature say it best.
Valley Fever and the California Dons? I am not sure I get it. They both made the top 25 their first year in Open Class, although, the Dons had probably the most interesting path to Associated Membership ever. icon_lol-1.gif

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

Are you serious? I think we would ALL be happy that they have not folded like so many other drum and bugle corps over the years. Not to say that they are having any problems financially like some other division 1 corps out there that I've heard rumors about. You really seem to be past cantankerous and just outright a negative Nancy. Is your favorite group in jeopardy of not making finals? Does that really matter anyway? I think some of us place too much emphasis on the good ole number and loose sight of the fact that it a great experience for the youth of this activity. That is, out doing something constructive rather than destructive.

-Slapnut-