ATTENTION: Academy Honks

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, ..............

I AM part of the rest of teh drum corps community....do not presume to speak for me...you do not...nor do you speak for those who have actually SEEN Academy in show.

As to #####ing and moaning about the break and being able to stay in your own home....I seem to recall a 2 week break back in the day where we did the exact same thing...remember 1st and 2nd tour? How is that any different in terms of show development than what Academy's doing now?

It all boils down to jealousy...pure & simple...Academy has taken on the mantle corps fans laid on Star of Indiana years ago...pure jealousy because they had funding from the get go (something ALL of us have said we'd do if we ever hit the lottery...Hypocrisy? Your table is ready).

They can take it....and prove all the naysayers wrong...they;re doing so now.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say if they can do it(make finals) good for them. I have'nt seen the show so I wont presume to comment on the content of it.

this may be the touring future of most drum corps if cost keep increasing. it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

I don't remember Pacific Crest catching THIS much flack from DCP when they were still doing the regional thing.

I guess maybe because they weren't threatening to make finals like Academy is now? Kind of sad.

Um, did you fall off the turnip truck today or what? If anything, PC got more flack than anyone, including Academy. If memory serves me right, a lot of it was from people like you.

I can see where the OP is coming from, but he def had too much coffee this morning and blew most everything he was trying to say up. I have no beef with academy, I have never seen them. I have my opinions on Div II moving up to Div I and not doing a full tour, but thats between me and some other people.

Where are they even from any way? wth do their unis look like? What's their show? I'll form opinions when they're on the map.

Allow me to give you some freindly advice - if I were you, I'd just shut up and keep quiet for a while.

Good for you, your corps is scoring high. In California. Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why don't you give the rest of the country a chance to actually SEE your corps so we can form our own opinion - instead of trying to over-hype everything you do.

We get it, you're good. I congratulate the members and staff for all their work. But keep in mind that almost every other corps has been on tour, away from home for about five weeks straight. They have been battling lack of sleep, upset schedules, bus problems, bug bites, hard floors, dirty laundry and everything else a life on the road brings with it. The highlight of the week is a Wal-Mart stop.

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day. Yes, I understand the money thing, the need for a limited tour and the fact that you didn't write the rules... you only used them to your benefit (as you should have). But please keep in mind that the luxuries you enjoy today have not, and will never be enjoyed by the other full touring corps. So maybe you could tone it down a little bit.

P.S. Those of us who have been there before know that this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. A lot will happen in these last few weeks.

"Bitter, party of one??!! Your table is ready!"

I say if they can do it(make finals) good for them. I have'nt seen the show so I wont presume to comment on the content of it.

this may be the touring future of most drum corps if cost keep increasing. it will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Beyond that, it might be possible to actually increas the number of active corps be shifting the main focus of competition to a more regional basis, imagine that!

Try as you may - the rest of the drum corps community is not going to fully embrace a group that has been home for weeks, sleeping in their own beds, enjoying their own bathroom and practicing all day, every day.

PRESUMES ALL THE "KIDS" ARE FROM TEMPE. I PERSONALLY KNOW A LOT OF THE KIDS ARE FROM OUT OF AREA, CRASHING ON SOMEONE'S FLOOR AND WAITING IN LINE TO USE A BATHROOM/SHOWER.